• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Brian2112 2011 Apartment growing update

Update on my plants so far and all of the new pods starting!

Orange Habanero
IMG_0275.jpg

Naga Morich
IMG_0276.jpg

Trinadad Scorpion
IMG_0277.jpg

Tabasco
IMG_0279.jpg

Yellow 7 Pot
IMG_0280.jpg

Bhut Jolokia
IMG_0281.jpg

Douglah
IMG_0282.jpg

Butch T Scorpion and Fatali
IMG_0283.jpg

Your plants are unbelievable! So leafy and green. I can't believe you have Tabascos already. (My co-workers like to eat them at the stage yours are at right now.)

What a storm last night! Are your babies okay?

Very nice looking plants so early in the season you definitely have a super green thumb. Just getting my first Jalapenos to start setting fruit, will be a while before anything else starts podding up here. Keep it up Brian, good stuff.

Your plants are unbelievable! So leafy and green. I can't believe you have Tabascos already. (My co-workers like to eat them at the stage yours are at right now.)

What a storm last night! Are your babies okay?
Thanks, I didn't even know it was going to storm like that!.... All of my little ones took a beating, like my butchT and Fatali and Chocolate Hab... They were all pounded into the soil by the rain coming off the roof... I hope they make it, they all had some roots exposed, so I just replaced they and added more soil to what was taken out by the hard wind and rain... :-(

Very nice looking plants so early in the season you definitely have a super green thumb. Just getting my first Jalapenos to start setting fruit, will be a while before anything else starts podding up here. Keep it up Brian, good stuff.
Thanks Man!
I have plants of all ages, so hopefully I get pods through the winter!
I would like to try out one your brainstrain pods whenever your plants start podding, maybe I'll have something cool to trade with you by that time.. I hope you have an awesome season man!

Healthy looking plants!! Never seen a Black Prince before, what are they about??
Thanks!
The Black Prince is more of an ornamental type chilli, the stem and leaves are purple colored and the fruit start off purple/black then ripen to red.. These things are actually pretty hot! The pods grow upright.

Thanks, I didn't even know it was going to storm like that!.... All of my little ones took a beating, like my butchT and Fatali and Chocolate Hab... They were all pounded into the soil by the rain coming off the roof... I hope they make it, they all had some roots exposed, so I just replaced they and added more soil to what was taken out by the hard wind and rain... :-(

Since you tended to them so quickly they probably will be fine.

I was watching the radar all last night, worried about the babies, but I finally fell asleep before the bad weather got here. When I woke up this morning it was all over; one or two plants got a little bent but not really hurt...I think we got mostly just wind, not the buckets of rain like y'all...

Plants look great and I love the colored pots, how big are they. I would love to get something like that to give some color to my peppers on the patio wall, but couldn't find anything in the 5-7 gallon size I needed.

Plants look great and I love the colored pots, how big are they. I would love to get something like that to give some color to my peppers on the patio wall, but couldn't find anything in the 5-7 gallon size I needed.
I bought those pots at the good ol Wal-Mart, the biggest one in these colors and style are around the size that you want... 5-8 gal. I forget what they were,but they are pretty big and i have a twin Naga Morich in one and its loving it and getting BIG.. Check wal-mart garden center, I could not find them online... Thanks again!

5/7/2011 UPDATE

Some of the plants!
They are really starting to get big..

The Big ones are Naga Morich and Trinadad Scorpion
IMG_0308.jpg

Orange Hab
IMG_0309.jpg

Super Chilli
IMG_0310.jpg

Back