JustAGuyMakinHotSauce

Are these prices comparative or too high?

• Too high for their size

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Not bad/ comparative

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Fine prices, but is there a website? Yes www.KneppersPeppers.com

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
I have been asked if I will sell my sauces. I guess my post here answers that.

First I want to thank Hot Pooper for the reviews.

Here is what I have to offer. All have 5oz($6) and 8oz($9) sizes.

Piney Hab - Pineapple mingling with Habaneros sweetened with brown sugar.
Review by Hot Pooper

Review by Chad S

Nice deal for some great sauce. The small flat box through the standard postal service is an nice deal at $4.85 to ship anywhere in the US. I'm not sure if the 8oz bottles will fit due to the width but the 5oz. ones do.

Piney Hab Extreme - Name says it all. Piney Hab with Naga Morich and Fatalli peppers.
Review by Hot Pooper

Habitually Orange - Mandarin oranges sweetly smacking you with Caribbean Red Habaneros.
Review by Hot Pooper

Paypal only.

Email list of types and sizes to justaguymakinhotsauce@yahoo.com <~~preferred or PM with list or post here. Remember to specify size wanted.

Looks like USPS Flat rate boxes will be the way to ship unless it is just 1 bottle.

Fatal Lime - A lime hot sauce with Fatalli peppers. Originally made for on fish.
Review by Hot Pooper

Review by Chad S

Peachy Hab - The peach, the heat, the peach.
Review by Hot Pooper

AppleTalli - Think apple sauce with a mild to medium Fatalli kick. Great on turkey. This only comes in 8oz size. I made this as a holiday sauce for friends and family and therefore made it public friendly so no one lost a tongue.
Review by Hot Pooper

HABermelon - Watermelon and a steady burn. Yumm. Only available in 5oz. for now.
Review by Hot Pooper

Tongue Wrapper - Blueberries flavor your tongue as the heat wraps around the bottom. Only available in 5oz. $10 per 5oz bottle. All other flavors are still $6 for 5oz.
100_0652.jpg

A deep purple sauce.

Paypal only.

Email list of types and sizes to justaguymakinhotsauce@yahoo.com or PM with list or post here. Remember to specify size wanted.

All come in 5oz bottles and 8oz bottles. The 5oz are $6 and the 8oz are $9. The AppleTalli currently is only available in 8oz size.

If you are interested in buying any feel free to contact me @ justaguymakinhotsauce@yahoo.com Multiple bottles get discounts and up to 6 - 8oz or 7 - 5oz jars can be shipped together for the same shipping cost of 11.40 flat rate with tracking.

Ordered the Piney Hab and Habitually Orange and got it just before Thanksgiving. Tried the Piney Hab right away and it was great :dance: :dance: :dance: just like Sean (Hot Pooper) said. Ate it with some Basque sausages we get from the Fresno State Univ. farm that night. Haven't opened the orange yet.

Im glad people are buying your sauces Brian! People NEED a good sauce maker here in the states!
Im glad my reviews helped. Thats what I have been shooting for in my reviews...I want people to try to almost imagine the sauce in their mouths and that they can actually taste it. That way they can decide if they actually want it.
Personally Brian, I wouldnt lower your prices any more. But thats just me. I fully believe that your sauces are WELL worth the price! And who else sells an 8oz. size?

Thank you again Sean. Yeah I don't see them going lower due to costs. I have been directing people to this thread until I get my site up which may be awhile. Surprisingly some people don't realize your heat tolerance and I have had people watch the reviews and wonder why I don't make them hotter when they haven't even tried one. Surprises if they decide to try one I guess. I still love your nephew's response to the Peachey Hab. The AppleTalli I think would be better suited to his tolerance.

The watermelon hot sauce needs some tweaking before it is ready and then yummmm.
Also another one in the tinkering stages.

Fun Fun :dance:

Hi Brian,

I see that you've lowered your prices by a dollar a piece on both of the 5oz and 8oz offerings of your specialty hot sauce, so they are now priced at $6.00 and $9.00 USD, respectively.

Considering that your hot sauces are a labor intensive, specialty small run product, without the efficiency of a fully mechanized economy of scale assembly line, that would be expected of the large run commercial sauces available on big box store shelves, your prices are very reasonable.

Not only do you have fresh and innovative ideas for the type of hot sauces that I'm not seeing anywhere on my grocery shelves, you also are further pushing the envelope for what is available and acceptable for a hot sauce.

In the end, hopefully these creative new hot sauces that you are providing, will prove to be versatile condiments to a variety of diverse cuisines.

Good luck to you in getting your hot sauce business off the ground!

dvg

I just wanted to add that I got 4 sauce's in, and they are very flavorful. I would highly recommend them and will be purchasing a whole bunch more bottles. I like my stuff really hot, so the Heat scale is just my take. My wife really enjoyed them all with exception of the Piney Hab Extreme which was too much heat for her.

Heat comparisons: Tabasco 1/10, Jolokia Powder 10/10

Piney Hab
Delicious, very similar to salsaladys Orange Hot she was selling. It can go on just about any food I can think of. It has a great flavor and you get a good sense of the pineapple in it, much like a citrus blend hot sauce.
Flavor 10/10
Heat 2/10

Piney Hab Extreme
Delicious, taste very much like original Piney Hab and much more my style with some noticeable heat that leaves a little burn.
Flavor 10/10
Heat 6/10

Fatal Lime
Interesting take w/ fatalii, definitely can taste the lime and seeing it go great on seafood. I personally would enjoy more of the fatalii flavor and less of the lime.
Flavor 9/10
Heat 4/10

Habitually Orange
Delicious and much like the Piney Hab with a bit more sweetness and richer citrus flavor. It can go on just about any food I can think of.
Flavor 10/10
Heat 3/10

Back