• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Playing music for your plants.........

Slightly tongue in cheek, but there was a study many years ago, in the 70's I believe, where they studied the affect of music on plants. The thought ran across my mind, would music affect how hot a pepper could get, or how well it grows? Play some death metal and make the plant angry enough to produce loads of cap..........play classical for growth........ play rap with loads of thumping bass to help harden them off...... :D

Mythbusters did some tests on this suspected myth in a show. Yes I know Mythbusters can't be considered science, but since I can't remember if they called it confirmed, plausible or busted it really doesn't matter;)

Wouldn't rap with loads of thumping bass make the plants sling rock and eventually shoot each other?

Persoanlly, I feel that the sound waves may cause some benefit, like mechanical stimulation, sort of like a fan, but you would need to play the music really loud at high SPL's to get good result, which might piss off your neighbors.

Novacastrian said:
Wouldn't rap with loads of thumping bass make the plants sling rock and eventually shoot each other?

Nova, I think that would only be the case if they were grown in a large metropolis area, not on a farm, they might get a ganja habit though out in the country.

Novacastrian said:

That was actually confirmed on Mythbusters. Plants didn't grow any better, but they definitely learned to get their hustle on

Back