• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Inca's Wild chili's season 2010

Inca's Wild season 2010

Hello chileheads,

In the past 7 years i've growing chili's and now it is become an obcession, i've caught the chili-virus BAD.
In those years i've collected over 200 varieties of the 5 domesticated species.
This year though i'm growing wild chili's for a change....always loved the flowers and fruits of the wild's so this year i wanted to grow them myself.
Most of them will be grown indoors (3 CLF's x 125W),and some will go outside in the summer
Here's what i've sown on september 14th:

c.eximium- pi 394141
c.eximium- cap 503
c.eximium- cap 500
c.eximium-
c.eximium- cgn 19198
c.cardenasii- ulupica
c.cardenasii- cap 1530
capsicum sp.- peppadew
capsicum sp.- pimenta de neyde
capsicum sp.- mini mini
c.praetermissum- cap 1478
c.praetermissum- cap 1141
c.praetermissum- cap 1144
c.praetermissum- cap 1487
c.praetermissum- cumari
c.praetermissum- cumari pollux
c.chacoense- cap 501
c.chacoense- covincho
c.chacoense- pi 439414
c.chacoense- pi 639653
c.chacoense- putapario
c.ciliatum- pi 645680
c.rhomboideum
c.flexuosum
c.microcarpum- cap 213
c.microcarpum-
c.lanceolatum
c.galapagoense- pi 639682
c. tovarii - CGN 22876

some pic's of the progress so far :

alles.jpg

bak1.jpg
left

bak2.jpg
right

kleinebak.jpg
middle

Very nice! I have always been curious about the wild varieties. Your plants look amazing. It would also be interesting to get a report on the taste of the different varieties! =) Which are your favourites?

so far i've only grown Bolivian Small Red (baccatum var. baccatum) and the Pea (baccatum var. baccatum), and they taste very different then most chili's.
Very fruity...nice heat too.
But the main reason i'm growing wild chili's is not for the taste, but for the absolute beauty of the plant, flowers and most of all the fruit.

Wow very nice looking plants, I have not seen pics of the wild varieties before. I would like to grow many of those too. Might I ask where you got all the seeds for so many different varieties?

roadhouse said:
Wow very nice looking plants, I have not seen pics of the wild varieties before. I would like to grow many of those too. Might I ask where you got all the seeds for so many different varieties?

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice assortment of wilds. I think you and Lee should hook up for some trades. :)

Thanks guys, me and Lee hooked up long time ago, and run a forum together, dedicated on wild's. That is also the place to see more pic's, more info and maybe even some seeds of the wild varieties. Take a look at the site or the Forum

Nice plants!! :) I'm excited as my Tovariis just hit 24" tall indoors!! So did my Buforum and my C. Flexuosum is 18" tall. I can't wait to get them outdoors. I'm even planning on putting a few in the ground to really try to get them bigger. I never dared it before.

Back