labels Sauce Label

I couldn't find a more suitable spot to post this so hope its all good that I post it here. Now this may not have to do directly with the sauce itself but anyway here it goes. So far I have found a good source for buying 5oz glass woozies and Shrink bands (SKS) and now I am wondering where to get the label paper. I think for 5oz bottles the label is supposed to be about 5" X 3". Anyway I was just wondering what you all use for label paper and where do you get it from?

Thanks

crazy8 said:
I couldn't find a more suitable spot to post this so hope its all good that I post it here. Now this may not have to do directly with the sauce itself but anyway here it goes. So far I have found a good source for buying 5oz glass woozies and Shrink bands (SKS) and now I am wondering where to get the label paper. I think for 5oz bottles the label is supposed to be about 5" X 3". Anyway I was just wondering what you all use for label paper and where do you get it from?

Thanks
Depends upon really the product capacity and how serious you are about this.

Primera makes a great label printer and has all the supplies you need. The printer is around 1k, but if it's something your very veyr very serious on for small batch productions then it's a great way to go.

Well I am definitely not at the point of dropping 1K on a printer. I don't mind using the printer I have. I am just looking for the labels themselves and provided software to print the labels with the design I have made is PS CS4.

The thing is that your average ink-jet ink is terrible at being handled often and once it's in a fridge or otherwise gets moist..it's toast.

Avery makes waterproof labels and such that help.

http://www.averylabelsonline.com/weatherproof.html

Color Laser printing works well, but doing those at a shop can be a bit pricey. I guess it depends on if you're doing it for sale or just for yourself or as gifts.

Pro stuff is done with a 4-color process on laminated/coated polyester.

crazy8 said:
mostly right now just for ourselves and gifts. Thanks for the help.

I use the color laser printer at work and print on plain paper, then cut them out and paste them on the bottles with a a glue stick.

They hang on there in and out of fridge for a month at least. Seems to be a reasonably professional system.

I'm going to do a round of bottles for christmas presents this year and am going to be using this low-cost low-tech method.

I make the labels in Photoshop, 300 dpi, with 5.25" x 3" label.

I have sold hundreds of thousands of labels to companies and kind of specialize in the technology.

I have sold the Primera printer to customers in the wine industry but for your small personalize use I would probably recommend Staples laser labels, plain paper and apply after bottles are dry. For my wine, beer, horseradish and hotsauses that I make, I use plain address labels, they come in a sheet of 30 labels 3" X 1 and run them through either my colour laser or inkjet printer. And they wash off cleanly.

QuadShotz said:
The thing is that your average ink-jet ink is terrible at being handled often and once it's in a fridge or otherwise gets moist..it's toast.

Avery makes waterproof labels and such that help.

http://www.averylabelsonline.com/weatherproof.html

Color Laser printing works well, but doing those at a shop can be a bit pricey. I guess it depends on if you're doing it for sale or just for yourself or as gifts.

Pro stuff is done with a 4-color process on laminated/coated polyester.
You may be surprised how many pro labels are paper, and last in the fridge. Take a look in your fridge. Ketchup, BBQ sauce, hot sauce, salad dressing, etc.

planetlabel.com has any size any shape and type of paper. I used them for sample labels when just starting our. You can get photo gloss waterproof paper in almost any amount you are looking for. I also used a simple high quality photo inkjet printer (epson) to print the labels out. but for mass quantity, a professional printer is the most cost efficient.

Could you print on paper and then cover with laminating? (You know, those sheets of clear, one-sided adhesive?) That may keep the labels from bleeding and/or ruining in the fridge.

Back