WOOT...I'm in business now!!!

I just had a friend drop off an old All American 15 1/2 quart Pressure cooker that his family hasn't used in years. He said that it has been stored away and he was glad to give it to me for making sauces. All he wanted in return is a nice sampling of my creations, as he is a fellow chili-head. What a deal! I have been on All American's web site before and am planning on replacing the gage and relief valve as these are easily replaced. Looking at the stamped number, 7, I believe that this is an old one, but still looks to be in excellent shape.

For anyone looking at getting started in home canning here is a website that is FULL of recipes, how to's, do's and don'ts...I use this site for info, ideas and updating 50+ year old recipes (they didn't exactly can the same way 50+ years ago lol)

http://www.pickyourown.org/

Hey pepperfreak....Thats great that you got one!! I use mine all the time! You can can so many more things now!!!

Hey Pepperfreak now that you have a pressure canner the next thing to get (unless you already have one) is a food press. I use this all the time!!!

here is what I mean (the pic is a new one, the one I have is probably 50-60 years old so mine is alot mor stout...lol)

tool-food-press.jpg

I wonder why the pic I posted is a red X now?? HHHMMMM I will find another pic.....Lets try this again (and this food press looks more like mine)
colander.jpg

I think thats one reason home canning has fallin by the wayside in the recent years. It can be quite expensive at first but once you have all that you need, a majority of the things are reuseable so you spend the money once and you have it.

My biggest problem is the lack of storage! I don't have a basement so I store my canned stuff where ever I can lol.

Very cool. You want me to come on down and teach you how to use it to grow magic mushrooms? Now's the time to start.

Oh wait....you're a cop...d'oh!

:lol:

:lol:

checkout Ball canning books/recipes for other veggies. canning is very simple once you learn some basic steps & some other info about certain veggies.

Back