health wilting plants/What's wrong

Hello all, I've got a dilemma. A friend of mine sent me various hot pepper plants through the mail. Other than being turned upside down they were ok. I uprighted them and gave them some water. The next day they looked great. Last night I noticed that they were looking kind of puny. I watered them last night as well. Today they look the same. The leaves look as if they are going dormant and wilting. Should I snip the tops a little and pull the leaves? I planned on putting them in the ground tomorrow. What should I do?

Thanks,

Scott

Describe "sent", from where to where, and how ?

In the mean time I would leave them be, sounds like possible shock

put them on a site like photobucket then the green picture looking this says image click that and enter the url from the site the picture is on.

Distance wasnt bad, and I think your in the same zone, so your good there

Your plants look over watered by leaf color, shock by the wilt, I would try indirect light for 3-5 days and they should snap out of it

pepperdan said:
Distance wasnt bad, and I think your in the same zone, so your good there

Your plants look over watered by leaf color, shock by the wilt, I would try indirect light for 3-5 days and they should snap out of it
+1

Since I am new to growing, I can honestly say that I over watered 2 plants...and thats exactly what mine had looked like...
I stuck a pencil down beside the roots in  a few spots, kept them inside for a week, and did not water them again, but did spray some fish emulsion and seaweed mixture on them very lightly....one died and the other perked back up.
NOW...if I am in doubt about if I should water..I do NOT.  lesson learned.

Likely Verticillium or Fusarium wilt.  It's really bad this year in my part of the country (down south). If it is, sorry there really is nothing you can do about it. Hopefully it's not.

Yours just look water stressed from the pics, but if they are dying, cut  a dead one length wise and post a pic and I'll tell you if it's V or F wilt.

Hello all, for today, I took everyone's advice. I put the plants in a tub and covered them with shade cloth yesterday. Upon checking on them just now they look great. New leaves are growing and they are standing back up. When should I attempt to plant in the ground? The roots are getting a bit container bound.

scottishscott said:
Hello all, for today, I took everyone's advice. I put the plants in a tub and covered them with shade cloth yesterday. Upon checking on them just now they look great. New leaves are growing and they are standing back up. When should I attempt to plant in the ground? The roots are getting a bit container bound.
Harden them off properly, or you're gona get into another problem. If you decide to plant in the ground you should place a shade cloth over them or something until they adapt and get used to their surroundings.

, Walter

Back