• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer When to fertilize potting soil?

solid7 said:
Those calcium deposits are why most fertilizers don't incorporate complete calcium.  It's very hard to have calcium in the same solution with other nutrients and minerals, due to the tendency for calcium to bind itself to them. 
I've not seen this happen with the CNS17.  But in fairness, I've not stored it long term, either.  This ability to stay unbound in solution is supposed to be one of the big breakthroughs for the CNS17.
I'd be interested to see you grow your plants out full season, in side-by-side comparison with the "bloom" formula, vs solely the "grow", and report the results.  I know what the results are, but it would be great to have my own results validated.

Do you mean something similar to the 'other' growers that instead of using MaxiGrow and then MaxiBloom...just use Maxibloom the whole run?
Simply stated, if you are willing to say you can grow all year on the CNS17 bloom I'd be down with trying a bottle of that. Looking for something to do a side-by-side with my Texas Tomato Food.

Chewi said:
Simply stated, if you are willing to say you can grow all year on the CNS17 bloom I'd be down with trying a bottle of that. Looking for something to do a side-by-side with my Texas Tomato Food.

That is precisely what I'm saying - except that it's GROW, not Bloom that you want.
The most knowledgeable of those "other" growers also know that what I'm saying is true - in fact I learned a lot by paying attention to the ones who refused to fall for the "growing plants is rocket science" routine.
I think that it's great that you're willing to undertake a side-by-side.  We need more people to advance real knowledge, as opposed to perpetuating hype.  Please, by all means, Glog it.

solid7 said:

That is precisely what I'm saying - except that it's GROW, not Bloom that you want.

Even better as the TTF is what most would call a "grow" formulation. (4-2.9-6.7) with plenty of calcium. Should be a good fun comparison.

Back