• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

when to bring plant inside?

Its getting chile:P around here, probably going to be in the upper 40's tonight. should I bring my plant in at night now? (habanero)

Chilly chiles aren't good. Bring them in if you can, it sure won't hurt. Where are you from Jonnyrl1? Sounds like Northern USA?

New Jersey, and Ill bring them in tonight, My first year that im going to try overwintering. This part of the season is going to be pretty annoying with the in and out deal like the spring. Oh well Ill just have to remind myself about the bounty of habs Ill have next season, I hope:(

Ya, the in and out thing can become a pain. I spent over a month in the spring moving plants and I've got a lot. Sure saves on heating costs in my greenhouse but labour intensive. Good luck

Yeah, come to think of it I'm thinking of plants in the ground which absorb a lot or radient heat. Container plants probably should come in when it dips into the 40s but I doubt the high 40s would kill them. Tepin plants here manage tolive through several freezes a winter but of course they are native...not tropical like habs. My habs have survived temps just below 32º when I put sheets over 'em.

Back