• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

What's in your fridge?

terrabyte said:
Hehehe. I'll have to pick some up sometime.

The Chili Pepper Emporium is the only link I can find with some:

#914 Taffy--Cinnamon (made with "You Can't Handle This" hot sauce) $ .25 apiece
#915 Taffy--Strawberry (made with "Predator" hot sauce)

I think we actually visited there back in '01 during our one & only visit to NM when we visited Joe's brother and attended the Fiery Foods Show. Their stuff is a little pricy on average, but you can forgive them a little by having a good selection of spicy stuff that isn't hot sauce.

- J

I was at their store just this past March. I bought a few items that were a little bit different, like the Sparx cookies, but they were pretty out dated. Bummer

I finished off my 3 Danny Cash sauces, so went down to the "wine cellar" (A.k.a. the Hot sauce box in the basement) to see what I could replace it with.

Was I surprised to see a bottle of "Predator"!

I just cracked it open this morning and tried it. Used a coffee stir straw, dipped it in a few inches, took it out and sucked the insides out. Pretty good for an extract sauce.

Gonna have to figure out how to use it. Too hot to use as ketchup. Too mild to mix with soup. Probably use it as a sandwhich spread.

terrabyte said:
Was I surprised to see a bottle of "Predator"!

I just cracked it open this morning and tried it. Used a coffee stir straw, dipped it in a few inches, took it out and sucked the insides out. Pretty good for an extract sauce.

Gonna have to figure out how to use it. Too hot to use as ketchup. Too mild to mix with soup. Probably use it as a sandwhich spread.

Wow, you have some serious capsaicin tolerance. I've used it liberally, although using it as a condiment for sandwiches might just do me in for several hours.

- J

Yea, I mispoke. This is actually rated hotter than Da Bomb I've been using in my soups. I may have to rethink the sandwhich idea. (I had visions of spreading it on super THIN)

We'll see. I just thought it was too tasty to drown in a soup

Now you gotta know that I worry about you guys actually eating the sauces with chemically extracted oleoresins... Is it just me or do you guys not taste that chemical tang? And if you do, you do, you must like it?

I don't mind trying them to see how hot they are, but to eat such things as Da Bomb regularly... maybe if I could get natural peppers that hot.

T

Back