• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What to do with Habanero's

I put out two habanero plants last spring. They did quite well and I've been giving the peppers to my stepson (he can handle the heat). Anyway a freeze was forecasted for last night, so I pulled the remaining peppers. What is a good way to keep them for later use. Does just freezing the raw pepper work? Or should I roast them first?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Ahh the old “what to do with the habbies” delima…..

How about this Mike?

After removing peppers from the plant, carefully place them in a cardboard box with newspapers (preferably the sports section) between each layer of peppers. Then seal the box tightly with packaging tape and mail it to Colorado Springs, Attn: Hillbilly Chili.
:)
You ALL should try this

ive actually been on vacation, thus the not posting, and i hope i havent screwed my plant. i left it outside at home, and of course, it got to like 30 the other night, so im sure the plant is going to die.. so when i get home, what should i do? pick all the fruit off it? im sure its not ripe though...

Hillbilly Chili said:
Hey Ross,
refer to my above post for instructions.
Welcome home

hmmmmmm!

a nice idea. am i supposed to just HOPE that usps knows what to do? thats quite an assumption.

I just picked my plant clean because the chillis weren't ripening, I'm drying them out and later I'll grind them to a powder. They weren't ripe but they'll still have good flavour and heat.

Back