• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting What is the average time between harvests for you?

As the topic title says, i'm wondering what your guys' experiences with harvesting are. I realize that it depends on a number of conditions, including variety, but in general, what is the average time for you between harvesting peppers?

For the sake of clarity, an example: After harvesting your first yield, how much time, average, does it take until your next harvest?

Peppers are ever-fruiting, once they begin to bear, and as long as the temperature and weather allow for it.  Some varieties, once they start, can yield daily.  Others might only bear one or two pods a month.  There's no set or expected time for harvests.  If you start talking specific varieties, there may or may not be a better answer.

To be perfectly honest, once they start producing, even with only a few plants, there's about a 3 month window, when I am taking pods down every day.  Given that, i don't even really notice anymore, which ones produce most frequently.  I'm usually peppered out, and sick of picking by late July.  

Back