• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting What happens after harvest?

yeaah. wha'd you just harvest by the waay?

ill probably harvest most of the fruit today. well i was a victim of pepper fraud and most people on here think i ended up with Carribean Red habaneros instead of the Bhuts I was hoping to recieve in the mail. Ill take some pics right now before I get to it. Its really hot outside and ill harvest during sunset. Give me 15 minutes and ill post some pics.

here some pics:

h001.JPG

h002.JPG

h003.JPG

h004.JPG

h005.JPG

h006.JPG

h007.JPG

h008.JPG

h009.JPG

on the last pic, you can see crazy amounts of aphids. Im just about to order some lady bugs on amazon, unless theres a better place that anyone here can recommend?

Nice plants and pods! Just pick the ripe ones, try them out in a home made salsa or your favorite spicy dish. If you like them, keep the plants and take care of the aphids. If the peppers don't flip your Twinkie, yank them and destroy them to end the aphid problem. For ladybugs, try some local nurseries, preferably the family owned ones, and get your ladies from them. Support locally owned businesses!

dude i ain't from your area ands do not know the local jargon

those white "aphids" you got,

we call them whitefly and you probably should get some organocide
and spray those mothers with it those will really screw up
a lemon tree (or any citrus)if you got those
kill them all with extreme prejudice :mouthonfire:

on the last pic, you can see crazy amounts of aphids. Im just about to order some lady bugs on amazon, unless theres a better place that anyone here can recommend?

yeaah that sucks that you didn't get bhut, but red carribeans aree good too !
& you have some sexyy plants dudee.
& yeaah get some ladybugs asap !

Nice plants and pods! Just pick the ripe ones, try them out in a home made salsa or your favorite spicy dish. If you like them, keep the plants and take care of the aphids. If the peppers don't flip your Twinkie, yank them and destroy them to end the aphid problem. For ladybugs, try some local nurseries, preferably the family owned ones, and get your ladies from them. Support locally owned businesses!

+1

Nice thing about being where you are is the season stops during hurricanes only. Last year I got the same switcharoo, but they are good and make some good sauce. lots of good recipes in the cooking forums using them. I can't wait until mine look like that

Your red carribeans look great.

Its a shame that they are not bhut's but at least you gained some experience and a lot of pods.
Pick up the red ones so that the plants continues to produce.

Bleash

Very Nice looking pods :onfire:
Icky looking bugs KILL KILL KILL!!!!!

If you pick all the mature pods the plant can devote all its energy to the newer pods.

Also: you shouldn't leave pods to get old and withered on the plant because it will signal the plant that it's job is done and its time to die. So if you aren't going to use the pods, or if they are diseased or rotten, pick them off anyway and the plant will continue to produce. If you pick off all the pods and cut it back it will resprout and start again. This is how they are overwintered.

Back