• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer Using Liquid Fertilizers

I managed to pick up some PK 13-14 from Bio Nova the other day on account of what I suspect was a phosphorous and potassium deficiency. It says on the package to use 25-100 ml per 100L building up slowly every week. However, for something this strong, should I fertilize every week? I'm using is peat moss and I gave it a one time 8-5-5 time release fertilizer at a quarter the recommended dose in the beginning. However, I suspect that may not be sufficient enough to carry me through this season alone. So far, I've fertilized with the 13-14 once and it seems to have given the leaves a darker green color and more perky look. How would you advise to fertilize? I'm used to working with soils and adding in things like bone meal. I have never really had to use liquid fertilizers in this manner. So, it's kind of new to me.

i suggest following the directions and waiting, noting the difference between fertilization and supplemental fertilization. you can always add more, but if you overnute it then there's no turning back

Back