• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Using Hydro Nutrients for Foliar Feeding

Hi All.

I've just been given a few litres of hydroponic nutrients, enough to make up about 400 litres of solution. I don't really want to go down the hydro route and I was wondering if I could use it as a foliar spray.

Has anyone tried this and if so what strength solution do you recommend?

Cheers.

It would prob burn the crap out of your leaves, my suggestion would be to mix it with water and just water your plants with it.

It would prob burn the crap out of your leaves, my suggestion would be to mix it with water and just water your plants with it.

I was thinking that it would be quite mild due to the fact that it's constantly fed to the roots in hydro. But being wrong is something I'm good at :)

I use the same strength for dwc as I do for folar feeding and the plants LOVE it. But just to be safe go half strength. Plants love foliar feeding.

Nice idea.

I've been messing up with hydro setups for the last 3 years but it never occurred to me to spray the plants with the nutes...
Maybe I'll do it tonight. :)

Bleash

Hmm this is very interesting. I havent given any of my peppers nutes just using plain water. I wonder if I could use the runoff from my hydro set up as a foliar spray than.

If it is really dry for me then I do it every 3 days or so right before I go to bed, so between like 12-3, ha! I use the leftover nutes from my DWC, I just make sure to dilute it in case there is a ph issue or some sort of accumulation. Usually like 2-1 with water works fine for me, but only for the in-ground plants. The container ones are more finicky and get a fresh mix of nutes at full strength maybe once a week at the most, there is a lot of manure in my potting mixes.

If it is really dry for me then I do it every 3 days or so right before I go to bed, so between like 12-3, ha! I use the leftover nutes from my DWC, I just make sure to dilute it in case there is a ph issue or some sort of accumulation. Usually like 2-1 with water works fine for me, but only for the in-ground plants. The container ones are more finicky and get a fresh mix of nutes at full strength maybe once a week at the most, there is a lot of manure in my potting mixes.
Cheers for the input!

Back