• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors Treasure hunters

This is a great find by a friend who brought this back from Mexico.
2013-12-23%2015.18.50_zpsaru0diit.jpeg

Grass Snake said:
This is a coin I found here in Texas on one of my hunts. Its not a rare coin but still a good find for Texas. Feel free to post your treasured items that were found or bought

Grass Snake,that's a nice coin you got there.I just want to let people know to be careful with some of their finds.There are some states with laws about anything older then 99 years old found has to be turned over to the state.That's only if it's dug up.

That's a nice find Grass Snake.I love silver too.Those coins come in handy to tune in your machine. OCD those Whites are good machines,just don't get gold fever.I have seen people spend a lot of money on a machine or a bunch of machines and they don't use them anymore.The best thing to do is to get to know your machine first.Take all the clad coin you find and put them in your fund jar.Then put your silver up.There're different machine for different types of hunting.Are you wanting to be a coin hound ?Coils are also important too.Most of those Whites are not water proof neither.Are you want to hunt around water ?  Most machine have water proof coil,but some don't.Don't try using a bag over the coil neither.I can tell you it's not worth trying.I replace a couple coil for that reason.If any of you guys need pointer,just hit me up.One more final thing I would make myself a place to practice in.Just place objects at different depth.I want talk about black sand on the beach,it's a real Mother  :censored:   here. :drunk: ,   

Grass Snake said:
Nice find man! Hope you find some more stuff.
pepperguy1 said:
That's a nice find Grass Snake.I love silver too.Those coins come in handy to tune in your machine. OCD those Whites are good machines,just don't get gold fever.I have seen people spend a lot of money on a machine or a bunch of machines and they don't use them anymore.The best thing to do is to get to know your machine first.Take all the clad coin you find and put them in your fund jar.Then put your silver up.There're different machine for different types of hunting.Are you wanting to be a coin hound ?Coils are also important too.Most of those Whites are not water proof neither.Are you want to hunt around water ?  Most machine have water proof coil,but some don't.Don't try using a bag over the coil neither.I can tell you it's not worth trying.I replace a couple coil for that reason.If any of you guys need pointer,just hit me up.One more final thing I would make myself a place to practice in.Just place objects at different depth.I want talk about black sand on the beach,it's a real Mother  :censored:   here. :drunk: ,
I found that coin with a bounty hunter that my son has. My Whites just came in yesterday. I'm just looking for coins and such. I'm not trying to get rich. LOL. It's just something different to do. Good clean fun. It does have a 10" DD waterproof coil. Not planning on going in the water though. But who knows. For an entry level detector, it's pretty impressive. It has built in pin pointer and automatic ground balancing. I figured I would start with it and see were it takes me. Couldn't justify a $1000 detector right now. Thanks for the tips and advice.

Well, I figured the machine out pretty quick. We had some weather the past week. Haven't been able to hunt like I wanted to. Been doing some local hunting in the park, rest area and school. Found a lot of trash. It's still pretty cool to dig up trash. Lots of beer caps. I've found different era's of beer caps. Does anyone remember Lowenbrau? The Whites Treasure PRO has proven it's self. It's got automatic ground balancing, 8.2 kHz frequency, 8 tones, threshold, pin point, 16 rejection ranges, VDI numbers, depth display, and a backlit display. For around $350 dollars, I'm impressed. It came white a White's bullseye2 pinpointed. I sold it and bought the Whites TRX pinpointed. That thing is amazing. Anyways. Here's the coins from this last week. Nothing really old, but still fun.
image.jpeg

Grass Snake said:
That's awesome. I tried coin roll hunting for a little bit. I would go to the bank and get half dollar rolls looking for silver! Didn't find anything for awhile, so I gave up.

I think the roll was from a customer not the bank. Twice I've had customers give me old silver certificate bills too.

Back