Trailer for lugging your stuff around to shows?

I've never owned one, but they are a bit expensive.  Someone told me to make sure the wheel bearings, axel and wiring was in good shape if buying used... as well as any cracks in the fiberglass.

I'd be getting it wrapped with the company colors and logo, so I don't mind what color it is to start with... but is a 5x9 a good starting size?  I figured I Would need to bring about 20 cases of product, a table, ez up, chair and the other artifacts of setting up a booth.  Also figured I could use this as a storage device when NOT at a show.

Are there pitfalls to using a trailer at a show?  (limited space, restrictions) - do some ban trailers?  As I only have a Challenger as a vehicle, I wanted to get a detachable hitch for it, and a trailer since I can use the car as an attraction (since it is a show car anyway) and get vinyl work on the car to promote and attract (if they let me park the car next to the booth) - this is the typical setup at car shows for vendors... they set up the booth/area and park their show vehicles on one or both sides to lure people towards them, then park the trailer behind their tent area for easy access to cargo.

I understand some venues may not allow cars parked on the grounds if it's tight for space, but I wanted to have that option.

salsalady said:
or some kid is running between the cars and trips and a soda goes flying through the open window of your car.....   :banghead:   

I would be FURIOUS.  And there would be a child washing the inside of my car, or the parents would be cutting a check for the interior to be detailed.

Kids will be kids and all, but damn, lol.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

You're hoping that at some point very soon your sauce dramatically outsizes your EZ up.

As my very first "show" I went in hoping to be seen more than sell-out.  I had a LOT of taste testers (including a few 'dudes' who acted tough like "I can handle anything" and my hab sauce made one of them cry, the the others run for water elsewhere.  I made a lot of networking improvements, including getting in with a few food trucks and some out-of-state hole in the wall restaurants who sought me out during or after the show to take down my info.

Side note: Looks like I'll need to get a registry book or some way to take in people's mailing or email info.

I expect my next show(s) to get better.  The show yesterday was a good show to get my feet wet because foot traffic restrictions where I was kept the lines down and let me perfect and fine tune my pitch, and spend 1 on 1 with most people.

BTW: What is it with people picking up bottles from your display, looking at it and putting it back NOT where they found it?  I found a few bottles taken from the chest I made, and put back on the table.  This is sort of like the people who pick up stuff in a store and put it back on the shelf 30 feet down the aisle.  :confused:

I LOVE my trailer. I bought a cargo trailer for $1700. All my tools are in it dry and secure, leaving my truck available for job materials, beer, and groceries or whatever. Not having to load/unload tools out of my truck all the time is sweet. In between jobs it just sits there with everything in it ready for the next one, and virtually ZERO maintenance. I wouldn't get rid of it for anything.

Kalitarios said:

BTW: What is it with people picking up bottles from your display, looking at it and putting it back NOT where they found it?  I found a few bottles taken from the chest I made, and put back on the table.  This is sort of like the people who pick up stuff in a store and put it back on the shelf 30 feet down the aisle.  :confused:
Even worse are the people who put their taster down on your table cloth with a garbage container 11" from them.

Yuck.

Back