• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting THP Pick For Harvest Day

Very nice!  Question for you:  This is the first time I have grown Datils.  Mine don't look like yours.  Yours look authentic.  Mine look like Yellow Bhuts.  I got the seed from Tradewinds.  Is there a bumpy variety of Datils?

DocNrock said:
Very nice!  Question for you:  This is the first time I have grown Datils.  Mine don't look like yours.  Yours look authentic.  Mine look like Yellow Bhuts.  I got the seed from Tradewinds.  Is there a bumpy variety of Datils?

If you could, post a pic or two. :)
mgianino74 said:
nice looking harvest. the datil is a plant im looking for. im in madeira beach , fl. you got any for sale?

No plants, I still have some seeds though. Good germ rate, I got 10/10.

PM me.
Thanks to all for the appreciation. Took a while to get it just right.

DocNrock said:
You wouldn't be the first to get a crazy cross from Tradewinds. Although they were good to deal with and offered replacement seeds, it sucks to grow a bhut for 3 months just to realize you have some weird hab cross instead.

DocNrock said:

Do they look like this:

Piante-di-peperoncino-20120808014007.jpg

or this?

$T2eC16h,!y8E9s2fl7Z1BRZoY6J(PQ~~60_1.JPG

Mine on most of my plants look like the top pic, and not as smooth as the harvest.

If yours look like the second pic, you probably have yellow bhut.

PepperDaddler said:

Mine on most of my plants look like the top pic, and not as smooth as the harvest.

If yours look like the second pic, you probably have yellow bhut.
Yeah, mine look like your top pic.  I also have yellow bhut growing, and it does look a bit different.  There is a definite difference in the leaves between each plant.  The yellow bhut has definite "bhutish" leaves.  The datil does not. 
Jeff H said:
You wouldn't be the first to get a crazy cross from Tradewinds. Although they were good to deal with and offered replacement seeds, it sucks to grow a bhut for 3 months just to realize you have some weird hab cross instead.

Tell me about it!  My Aji Dulces have two different phenotypes and both about Habanero heat!  My annuums from them are growing true, though.

I am thinking of crossing a few varieties with Datil this year. I am pretty sure there is no one else in St. Augustine doing it.

Datil Scorpion perhaps?

Nice pick! I'm still waiting.. Ugh.. I have more than enough for myself to eat in a week on my plants and grab a couple a day to eat but no good loads yet. Almost exactly 6 months now... Hopefully its coming in a week or so. until then keep up the good work!

Back