The Pizza Stone? and why should we have one?

yah i knew my spelling wasnt that great...lol

PhatManDerek said:
I think I actually know what you mean.

here let me simplify it.. i forgot i had to speak slowly for michiganders..lmao ( i have ties in michigan as well..lol)

drink a beer

place pizza stone in oven

turn oven on the highest setting

drink a beer

leave for one hour

place pizza on pizza stone

drink a beer

cook pizza

take pizza out

cut up pizza

eat pizza

drink a beer

drink a beer

BamsBBQ said:
here let me simplify it.. i forgot i had to speak slow for michiganders..lmao ( i have ties in michigan as well..lol)

drink beer

drink beer

leave for one hour

drink beer

cook pizza

take pizza out

cut up pizza

eat pizza

drink beer

drink beer
That's the best STEP BY STEP ever!

:)

BamsBBQ said:
here let me simplify it.. i forgot i had to speak slowly for michiganders..lmao ( i have ties in michigan as well..lol)

drink a beer

drink a beer

leave for one hour

drink a beer

cook pizza

take pizza out

cut up pizza

eat pizza

drink a beer

drink a beer

Wait............you lost me.......can we start over......

BamsBBQ said:
yah i knew my spelling wasnt that great...lol

drink a beer

drink a beer

leave for one hour

drink a beer

cook pizza

take pizza out

cut up pizza

eat pizza

drink a beer

drink a beer

That is a great recipe I will definitely have to try that.:lol:

That makes a big difference. I don't know about a whole hour, but at least as long as it takes to preheat the oven. I have one that the missus bought from Pampered Chef and we use it all the time.

JayT said:
That makes a big difference. I don't know about a whole hour, but at least as long as it takes to preheat the oven. I have one that the missus bought from Pampered Chef and we use it all the time.
Very very cool, Hell I pre heat the oven as soon as I walk in the kitchen, Man my crust today on my pizza was freaking AWESOME............

Yeah, like the article I posted says, the stone soaks up the heat while preheating, and then releases it into what's cooking giving a more direct heat source and a nice crispy even crust.

Think of a brick wall after being in sunlight all day..pretty warm eh?

QuadShotz said:
Yeah, like the article I posted says, the stone soaks up the heat while preheating, and then releases it into what's cooking giving a more direct heat source and a nice crispy even crust.

Think of a brick wall after being in sunlight all day..pretty warm eh?
Not really :P

:mouthonfire:

JayT said:

depends on how thick your stone is... pampered chefs are i think 1/4" thick and professional ones are around 3/4" thick - not real sure about this and am not googling it,,4am...lol

but yah i dont think it takes an hour either

BamsBBQ said:
depends on how thick your stone is... pampered chefs are i think 1/4" thick and professional ones are around 3/4" thick - not real sure about this and am not googling it,,4am...lol

huh i thought thickness didn't matter...or am i thinking of something else....

:?:

peter pepper said:
if you make your pizza on a pizza board (pizza peel) dust the top of the board with cornmeal first, put your dough on and toppings. when you go to slide it off the cornmeal helps give lots of slip and helps the pizza to slide right off. (in theory)...

I dont have a peel but I try it on a metal pizza tray and slide it on. I should really get one to make pizza's over a campfire or grill

BamsBBQ said:

Without going and getting it out, I think mine is a half inch thick. Oh God I probably just gave someone a new signature.

imaguitargod said:
Pizza stones are very good for adding extra flavor to your pizza. By cooking directly on the stone time and time again the flavors will soak into the stone and build over time.

I have a pizza stone that I use pretty frequently with homemade pizza's. The flavors truly do add up over time. GREAT FLAVOR! Never wash it either. Just wipe it off with you're hand and use it again later.:)

JayT said:
Without going and getting it out, I think mine is a half inch thick. Oh God I probably just gave someone a new signature.

It's ok as it's probably like 18" wide.

*the stone, that is. ;)

Back