• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

@#$% that burns!!

DEFCON Creator said:
Nope, we truly 'sold out' of everything. It was approximately 110 bottles of the various heat levels we sell. We cooked up a bunch of wings in a turkey fryer right there, which of course, attracted people (it's a great gimmick, which is another reason I like the smaller, outdoor shows). Needless to say, we were VERY happy.

Oh... wow, I was expecting a bigger show... That's about the equivalent of our local Finnegan's where we have a booth on Saturday's. Course, I haven't sold out there, yet, either.

We're barbecuing chicken and putting it into pita pockets with spiced mayo, grilled peppers and lettuce. (If we could get a beer license, we'd be laughing). Selling ready to eat food is most definitely a good gimmick. I wouldn't want to do that at a large show though... WAY too much work.

Which reminds me... I want a turkey fryer.

T

i found a realy neat turkey fyer at cabellas its called i think king cooker and dose alot more than just turkeys..i want one when i can get up the money......so in other words ill never get it.

the thing i like about this one is the spout on the bottom for oil...id take about 5 or 6 coffee filters and put that over the nozzel and filter my grease when i was gonna store it. and the wider the cooker the more even cooking

The Cabela's fryer you listed is nice, but you definitely don't have to spend $120.00. The one I have was purchased at BJ's (like a Costco) for about $40.00. I've had the thing for about 3 years now, and it works just fine. Hell, I haven't even used it for a turkey yet, just literally hundreds of pounds of wings. And it's portable enough for tailgating or picnics. I would suggest trying a less expensive fryer, you may be just as happy. There's a great little trick to making the wings crispy as well. When you put them in the oil, wait about 4-5 minutes, then take the basket out and stab each wing once with a BBQ fork, and throw them back in for another 5-10 mintues.

Tina, as for wishing you had a beer license, well, depending on the show or event, there may be a way around that. At a few events I've been to, there are stands which offer funny stuff like "buy a rock for $3 and get a free beer". Granted you have to watch out for underagers, but I've seen it done, and you're not actually 'selling' it.

DEFCON Creator said:
Tina, as for wishing you had a beer license, well, depending on the show or event, there may be a way around that. At a few events I've been to, there are stands which offer funny stuff like "buy a rock for $3 and get a free beer". Granted you have to watch out for underagers, but I've seen it done, and you're not actually 'selling' it.

Buy a rock, get a free beer... lol, that would only work in the States. In Canada, you need a license to give away beer.

T.

Please don't tell me you need a license to throw a party at your house, considering you need a license to give away beers. :::Cringing at the response:::

Back