• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

media starting seeds Jiffy Peat pellets vs. Burpee Coir pellets

Hey all, I just bought my first Burpee coco coir seed starter pellets, wondering how these do vs. Jiffy Peat Pellets? I've only used the peat version before.

They certainly seem to dry out faster.

Any other concerns?

I have use both with great success. one thing though is That I have got better results by transplanting the seedling into a 3" pot about a week after they pop. or I got deformed plants if i let them get there first leaves in the pellets

I have use both with great success. one thing though is That I have got better results by transplanting the seedling into a 3" pot about a week after they pop. or I got deformed plants if i let them get there first leaves in the pellets

I'm new to growing and used jiffy pellets i transplanted the seedlings a couple of days after they popped into decent sized pots, will I have any problems? I've heard people say that growth will be slower in larger pots as the roots prefer to grow first rather than upwards growth??

I'm new to growing and used jiffy pellets i transplanted the seedlings a couple of days after they popped into decent sized pots, will I have any problems? I've heard people say that growth will be slower in larger pots as the roots prefer to grow first rather than upwards growth??

Which is not a bad thing

how big. I usually go from pellet to solo cups or 3-4 inch pots

Back