• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Some overwintered pics

Some overwintered pepper projects. Trinidad Scorpion, Bhut Jolokia, Red 7 Pod, and a Brain Strain.

DSCF1027.jpg

DSCF1026.jpg

DSCF1024.jpg

And some of my tomato seedlings.

DSCF1023.jpg

Charles

nice! spring needs to hurry up.

You got that right! I thought I was gonna run out of space and then my boss gave me the company credit card and told me to order a greenhouse. So I did!!!!!! A 10' x 12' size from Harbor Freight. Then she gave me a Thousand dollars to buy compost and other things to have a garden at work!!!!! I get paid to garden while at work!!!! :woohoo:
I have the best job in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charles

Wow, those overwintered plants look great. This leads me to wonder what I should do with my hydro plants in preparation for my move to NM. I was thinking about taking cuttings but perhaps I'll attempt to switch them to soil and try to "overwinter" them while in transport?

I have a couple plants over wintered as well, but one kicked the bucket. I tried trimming it back, it died, dont know what happened. I cut all the leaves off and left 2" above the split.

My other overwintered plants I didnt trim, just let them go.

Let me know what you think of that Harbor Freight greenhouse. I've been looking at those for a while - just can't bring myself to try to explain that one to my wife yet . . . . :rolleyes:

I have a couple plants over wintered as well, but one kicked the bucket. I tried trimming it back, it died, dont know what happened. I cut all the leaves off and left 2" above the split.

My other overwintered plants I didn't trim, just let them go.

I'm not a technical expert, by any means, but my observation has been that it's best to keep at least 3 or 4 nodes. My plants for which this occurred are doing fine. The one that only had a single node left, however, appears to be dead. I haven't 100% given up on it yet, but if nothing starts to happen by the end of March, it's heading for the can.

You got that right! I thought I was gonna run out of space and then my boss gave me the company credit card and told me to order a greenhouse. So I did!!!!!! A 10' x 12' size from Harbor Freight. Then she gave me a Thousand dollars to buy compost and other things to have a garden at work!!!!! I get paid to garden while at work!!!! :woohoo:
I have the best job in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charles

wow sound like your in "GARDEN HEAVEN" there Charlie!!!, your gonna kick some serious butt this year!! and by the way your plants have some really nice new growth,

thanks your friend Joe

Let me know what you think of that Harbor Freight greenhouse. I've been looking at those for a while - just can't bring myself to try to explain that one to my wife yet . . . . :rolleyes:

Ok will do midwestchilehead. From what ive heard is a good one but will let you know once it gets here and I get it all set up ok.

Charles

wow sound like your in "GARDEN HEAVEN" there Charlie!!!, your gonna kick some serious butt this year!! and by the way your plants have some really nice new growth,

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks Joe and some of those plants are from your seed stock. Big thanks to Joe for sharing his seeds! :clap:

Charles

Back