• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil soils for chile's

yep heres another question :sick: sorry
ok since chile peppers grow better in acidic soils, correct me if I'm wrong, how do people get their soils acidic ? since they also say using potting soil w/perlite improves root growth, & ground soil just compacts down & is somewhat bad for root growth.
do you just add some sandy soil into the soil mix ? & I assume maybe filtering the soil & maybe baking it to kill whatever is in the soil ?
then what about hydrophonics ? how do those people get it acidic for the best growth ?

I use peat-based soilless mixture in pots, it has good acidity but you still must watch your water supply. Hydroponics relies on PH up and down formulas for optimal results.

I actually don't even pay attention to that part of gorwing. I just give them good soil in extange for them giving me good peppers.

I was just curious if I should add some sandy soil to the containers. the soil I plan on using for the potted chiles will be potting soil with some more perlite mixed in for better roots, unless this is bad ?

i don't pay attention to soil ph but i'll adjust the ph of the water. my tap water is very bad so i keep 50 gals of RO. i adjust the Ph prior to adding nutrients. since i use coco coir, pelite and sand in the containers i water with nutrients every time i water.

Back