• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Smoking TScorpions - Pictures

Smoke some more TScorpions this weekend - Red ones this time (courtesy of Sicman).  Started with nearly 5 pounds.  Was too lazy to de-seed before smoking.  Used a 50/50 combination of Apple and Cherry - smoked for nearly 6 hours.  Will combine these with the Chocolate Scorpions that I smoked last week.

Ready for the smoke:

before the smoke.jpg

4 full trays:

middle of smoke.jpg

3/4 of the way through:

in the smoker.jpg

After the smoke:

after the smoke.jpg

In containers:

packaged.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Jamison said:
Yes sir!!!!! Looks awesome man! Love the apple and cherry, but my favorite is def Pecan wood! Bet you could smell that for miles bro!
I like Pecan too.  I've got a bunch of Chocolate Congos that are up next - going to try Chestnut based upon Justaguy's recommendation.  Never tried it before.

buddy said:
I like Pecan too.  I've got a bunch of Chocolate Congos that are up next - going to try Chestnut based upon Justaguy's recommendation.  Never tried it before.
Works well with chocolate habs. JAG made a terrific powder last season,was my go to for awhile,well a short while,ran out pretty fast.

i have used a fruit wood(cherry,plum,apple) and cut it with an oak, kinda gives you a sweet fruit wood along with a little bitterness of an oak.

Back