• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting Silver_Surfer's Harvest_9-03-09

Today's 2 pound 6 ounce harvest (not counting the Poblanos and Bells).
DSCN1110.jpg

Habs and Datils. Cool nights seem to cause the Habs to ripen at a smaller size.
DSCN1107.jpg

There weren't enough Fataliis to fill a tray so some tray filler was added.
DSCN1105.jpg

Nagas keep on truckin'.
DSCN1103.jpg

More to pick in 4 days.

Those look fantastic! Do you polish them up for the photos? I'm also wondering if all your peppers look like that. Even at my best about 10% of my harvest end up being ripe runts.

ZanderSpice said:
Those look fantastic! Do you polish them up for the photos? I'm also wondering if all your peppers look like that. Even at my best about 10% of my harvest end up being ripe runts.

Thank you ZS. No polish. :lol: Peppers just have a shiny coat. I've been posting pics of all of my hot pepper harvests and occasionally throw in a few sweets. I do throw out the odd one with bug damage though. I think the cool nights we've been having lately is making the Habs think winter is close and they're making a rush on seed creation.

Damn SS, great harvest again. This has to be the fourth or fifth harvest like this I've seen from you, and I know there's still more to come. Definitely green with jealous rage.

Thanks everyone!!! Mother Nature has been kind for most of this season.

SumOfMyBits said:
Damn SS, great harvest again. This has to be the fourth or fifth harvest like this I've seen from you, and I know there's still more to come. Definitely green with jealous rage.

It seems like yesterday, but I posted my first harvest pics on the 24th of June and, while all weren't as large, this is my 19th pod harvest posted this year.

cheezydemon said:
Grow any 7 pots?

Nope, I just acquired some prime 7 pot seed though (thanks Cappy) and it's on my grown list for next year.

huntsman said:
That's a fabulous harvest, SS ~

Hope you'll share the recipes that you put to use with those puppies...??

I add peppers to spice up most everything I cook, but I'll see how creative I can be this winter with some recipes using some stored peppers. I have 2 gallons of pickled peppers 4 one gallon bags of dried peppers, 8 pints of puree concentrate and a lot of powder to play with so far. :)

Back