• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Replanting Seeds Not Germinated 030108

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
Well, I replanted seeds that didn't come up and seeds I have collected since my first planting on 27-28 January 2008.

Ended up with 6 trays of peppers/tomatoes/herbs and a 36 tray flowers. Total of 468 more seeds in starting mix.

First pic is of my seeding setup...the paper thumb-tacked to the plywood is my key...hope I don't ever lose it...

030108a003fv6.jpg

Second pic is of my germinator back in action (it has been idle for about 10 days or so.

030108a007cn8.jpg

Its been a long day...

It is pretty addictive isn't it...

yes, I have a resident 12" fan in the grow box...I use an 18" high power shop fan to move the grow area plants, and a little oscilator I move between upper and lower chambers of the germinator...

8 Day Germination Percent by Supplier and Variety

The following germination percent data is developed 8 days after planting seeds on 29 February 2008. Todays date is 08 March 2008. This information is not to be considered statistically valid because sample sizes are too small.

Germination conditions....
Germination Media - Hoffmans Seed Starting Mix
Temperature - constant 83-86F (29-30C)
Humidity - 60%
Light - 16 on 8 off (for sprouted seedlings)
Watered when top of soil turns light color (using 16 drops superthrive and 2 Tbsp peroxide per gallon of water)

First by variety...

replantpercentsw4.jpg

Second by Supplier....

replantsupplierpercentwz2.jpg

This data will be updated on 15 March 2008

This second planting just proves you did nothing wrong the first time. The second only produced 24.4% and is just as bad. You had a bad batch of some seeds is all. What I'm so suprised is the suppliers of those seeds, they should send you test seeds with how well you keep record of everything.

I have contacted one of the suppliers...he said he would gladly replace the seeds...I am going to give it until 3 weeks and see what the rate is then....

This is exactly why I replanted seeds that didn't germinate....to see if I had done something wrong...but all seeds were treated the same and quite fairly...

030908 percentages...two days make a lot of difference for some..

germinationrate030908ew1.jpg

030908suppeliergerminatkv9.jpg

We will see in a couple of weeks...

Back