• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds reliable seed

Where can I find reliable seeds that are what they're supposed to be? There are some local farmers that want to grow something besides thai, anaheim and jalapeno (somewhat at my instigation) but don't have a good reliable seed source for more 'exotic' types. The only plants I've started from seed were tepins and pequins (that I saved), so I have no experience with any commercial seed sources. All your 'mystery pepper' pics & stories have me a little wary! Any suggestions? brookthecook

No doubt, seeds of change is a great source, but I need a wider variety of chinense and numex, lemon drop, bailey pequin (machine harvestable), and a few others s.o.c. doesn't have.

Avoid Reimers at all costs....

You are going to do better for exotic chile seed trading with other hobby growers.

Most large commercial seed suppliers don't know poop about chiles.

willard3 said:
Avoid Reimers at all costs....

You are going to do better for exotic chile seed trading with other hobby growers.

Most large commercial seed suppliers don't know poop about chiles.

Seems to me that Reimers apparently doesn't really know squat about the hotter varieties....hell, jalapenos confuse those people

Hey Brook,
I know you went to OF last year, try sending an email to Jim C.
I think he would send you in the right direction if not have them himself, except the savina of coarse.:)

Marv

That was my next stop. I have some growers halfway convinced but they're (justifiably) concerned about consistency. Who better would understand than Mr. Jim? Thanks Marv! brookthecook

Back