• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Quick Pickled Pepper Recipe?

What up,

It is just me and the wife, and she is super pregnant, so not too much spicy food for her. I usually find myself getting like one or 2 Jalapenos when we I make tacos, enchiladas, etc, and instead of slicing or roasting them I wanted to pickle them to add something new to the dish. I was wondering if you had any quick pickle recipes that would work for like 1 or 2 peppers that I could eat immediately, or within like 20 mins...

Honestly, I should just get enough to can a jar, but usually I just pick a few up.

when i am all out of PP i usally pick up some from the store slice them . boil 50/50 water vinigar with some salt and minced garlic pour over the peppers u can eat them pretty quick after they cool but must be kept in the icebox

I have been just going to the store getting a big jar of those canned hot cherry peppers, and after I am done eating them, I just take some peppers that I have around, and slice them in half or just slice some holes in there and stick them into the juice and let them sit in there for a while, but you could do this and just have a few peppers "pickled" waiting for when you want to use them... they taste really really good.. and you don't actually need to do anything really.. and just keep adding more peppers in when you need or get them, and when you start to run low on juice, get another jar and pour in that juice when your done eating the peppers!

Back