vendor Question About Purchasing 10lbs Jalapenos

Hey guys, new posting here but I have been reading for some time.

I am very interested where, if anyone knows, I could purchase say ~10lbs of jalapeno peppers online.

Thanks so much for any help!

Travis

Hi and welcome.
Why not the supermarket????
Do you not have jalas in NJ???
Just dont go with refining fire chiles aka Jim Duffy whatever you do. Most of the vendors on this site are 'kosher' though.
If you have no other options, I'll 'sell' you 10 lbs from the local market at cost. (no guarantee of quality though, cause its a supermarket) but you MUST be able to get them locally..???

yea, for regular green jalapenos just go to your local supermarket and talk to the produce manager.  10# jalapenos is a standard box, might even give you a discount. 

Red jalapenos are a different animal.  Tougher to find through stores at most times of the year. 

fwiw, I've had several transactions with Refining Fire and they've been good.  Even credited something from an order a year before to the latest purchase.  Anything further about that business should probably go into Vendor Vault and not derail this thread.

I would suggest you find a local store that caters to hispanic people. I then would talk to the produce manager and ask if you can order a case.. typically they are 8lbs and get a case price.. usually slightly cheaper.. Here in phoenix whey are all over the place and they go  for .49 to .79 per lb..  I smoked about 15 lbs of Jal.pods with pecan wood and it made a great chipote powder.

Hophead said:
Don't waste your money getting them online like whats his face said above. On a side note here is a NJ site that sells fresh peppers/seeds/plants and has pick up or order online with a nice selection might be worth a bookmark if you wanna go hotter down the road.

http://www.chileplants.com

:welcome:
I'm in California, but have ordered seeds twice from this site here. I've been happy with them. Don't know about fresh peppers, but seeds were fresh and viable. They also have a good variety of plants & seeds.

Back