• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic Perennial Peppers in Hydroponics

I am new to growing peppers in hydroponics this year. I have 8 pepper plants in a DWC growing nicely and starting to flower. Since peppers are perennials and I am growing them indoors under lights will they keep flowering/fruiting indefinitely or will they go dormant like they would in a normal winter? If they finish fruiting, what do you do to get them back to the flowering stage again?

Thanks in advance for the help and advice! I have been reading these forums for a while, but it is good to finally be an official member. This site is a great resource for pepper lovers!

They will keep growing if they have enough light and heat, if not they may go what I call "semi-dormant" and only grow very slowly. The biggest problem you will likely encounter is aphids which can be a terrible pain to get rid of when ther are no natural predators around

If production slows down considerably, then you can do a little pruning and it should kick it back into grow mode.... as is for most plants. Ive never had perpetual peppers plants in the house as ive always put them outside for the summer, so take this with a grain of salt.

As far as botany is concerned.... i suggest a little prune each year. This will also help you maintain a shape that is manageable.

best of luck. Id like to see what this looks like.

Back