business Pennsylvania testing

Hi all, I've spent some time searching on here and couldn't find information. I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I need to get my sauces (and pickles) I guess, tested for safety to sell at farmers markets and local events and I've been searching for labs to get it done. I need it done by september. Does anyone have any ideas of labs with a fast turnaround in western PA?

Thanks in advance

Pickles for FM and direct sales events in-state are usually covered under the cottage industry regulations...aka the pickle bill...thru whoever oversees the FM. That is usually your local county health district.

Hot sauces are regulated at the state dept of Ag level. Licensed facility, PA approval for the recipe and all that. Depending on your sauce, the state or the PA may require further licensing, like Better Process Control School certification or FDA registration

For your sauces, you can use any licensed lab, university food sciences dept, or wherever you can find a licenced process authority. It does not have to be in-state.

Good Luck!
Have fun~
SL

Yup...what ....^^^^....said.

Plus a couple others.

Cross the border into NY

Pickles for FM and direct sales events in-state are usually covered under the cottage industry regulations...aka the pickle bill...thru whoever oversees the FM. That is usually your local county health district.

Hot sauces are regulated at the state dept of Ag level. Licensed facility, PA approval for the recipe and all that. Depending on your sauce, the state or the PA may require further licensing, like Better Process Control School certification or FDA registration

For your sauces, you can use any licensed lab, university food sciences dept, or wherever you can find a licenced process authority. It does not have to be in-state.

Good Luck!
Have fun~
SL

To summarize, the PA does not need to be in PA.

Yup...what ....^^^^....said.

Plus a couple others.

Thank you guys! In my head I replied a LONG time ago, apparently my head isn't working, with a newborn premie and a 17 month old in the house now! This is so helpful! I really appreciate it!

Back