• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Olives anyone???

I wanted to share one of my favorite treats, that I happened to indulge myself with today, Habanero stuffed olives. These are gigantic green olives stuffed with Orange Habaneros and they are out of this world. So far the only place that I have found them is at a small store just south of here called the Unusual Junction. They also had Jalapeño olives, Garlic olives and Onion olives.

If you ever get the chance you've got to try these olives. They would be great in a Bloody Mary. :)

Pepperfreak said:
I wanted to share one of my favorite treats, that I happened to indulge myself with today, Habanero stuffed olives. These are gigantic green olives stuffed with Orange Habaneros and they are out of this world. So far the only place that I have found them is at a small store just south of here called the Unusual Junction. They also had Jalapeño olives, Garlic olives and Onion olives.

If you ever get the chance you've got to try these olives. They would be great in a Bloody Mary. :)

We've got 'em here from a local gourmet store. They're called 'Rocket Olives' and they make a KILLER dirty martini....plus the lead in at the bar from them is great(hey baby wanna try my dirty rocket martini?)

I find them here in a couple of stores but they are a brand name called Lizard Eyes. They are actually pretty hot. They're pretty big and have quite large pieces of habanero in them as well as one whole one in the bottom of the jar. I think I bought them at Le Gourmet Chef.

Ok now I had to go finish my jar and the habanero in the bottom. It wasn't any hotter than the olives. I was wrong it is actually Crazy Jerry's that makes it, but they are called Lizard Eyes.

i did see them on an online food site whee you could order them....dunno why i didnt get them.

I get olives stuffed with anchovies from the local stores....they're a great chaser when your tongue is burning to a crisp.

I've had them and they are awesome -- The Olives stuffed with Bleu Cheese are good too I kinda liked squeezing them like a zit --the thing s ya think up when your buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzed

I am going to pick three pimiento peppers tomorrow and am planning on stuffing a few olives with one of them, the other two will be used for potato salad. What I have to figure out is how to "soften up" the peppers. I may add a tiny slice of Naga with the pimiento.

You can roast them a bit AJ and peel them or par boil 'em I was thinking of Naga stuffed olives or jalapenos while reading above little firecrackers -- even put some slices into the jar

Thanks LD...I was thinking I may "Chipoltleize" them on the grill...and the naga in the jar with the olives...I will definitely have to label it so the wife won't get into it...lol...

Yo if anybody does or decides to do Naga stuffed olives please let me know i wanna do a dirty martini with 'em.

Badly, i might add.

Sickmont said:
Yo if anybody does or decides to do Naga stuffed olives please let me know i wanna do a dirty martini with 'em.

Badly, i might add.

Dude that's Sick...........Mont!!:P:lol::lol: That would be interesting too:lol:

I love jalapeno stuffed olives. the saltiness of the olive is nice with the jalapeno flavor.

I get these olives around by me that i absolutely can't get enough of. They have red and yellow sweet peppers the way i get them, but still just as good. Anyhoo, they're "grilled olives". Everything in the mix is grilled and than they give them the typical olive treatment. I'm completely capable of eating an entire container of the suckers. So...it looks like i need to buy a huge container tomorrow and as luck would have it they same market sells the nicest orange/peach habs right now (it's also my Blair's supplier btw, Dearborn Market).

I can't wait to get my first fresh (not dried) naga. i'd be loading up every olive and other food in sight.

For all the British people, Asda sell Jalapeno stuffed olives, you probably know that but I go there every week and never noticed them.

Hab stuffed olives are the greatest. I won't lie. They make a great Martini as well...especially if you like them "dirty".

Back