• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video nice video on organics

I can't watch Kohler. He is constantly contradicting himself in his videos... especially in his titles. For example, he has an interview with Josiah Hunt, explaining all the great things about biochar; then has a title like "14 reasons biochar ain't worth a shit." Also, he dumps 100x rockdust on his garden, and expects you to do the same. I haven't heard of anyone doing what he says he does, and get the same results.

Warren Zevon comes to mind... "He's an excitable boy." I suggest that's why he has so many hits... and why he's all over the place.

KISS. There are many more common sense video posters out there... Praxxus, MIGardener, Gary Pilarchik, CaliKim29, etc. They don't try to sell me junk neither.

One other thing, which I think is telling... I've never seen him respond to someone commenting on his videos.

Myxlplyk said:
I can't watch Kohler. He is constantly contradicting himself in his videos... especially in his titles. For example, he has an interview with Josiah Hunt, explaining all the great things about biochar; then has a title like "14 reasons biochar ain't worth a shit." Also, he dumps 100x rockdust on his garden, and expects you to do the same. I haven't heard of anyone doing what he says he does, and get the same results.

I actually really respect John Kohler's as he seems to know a lot about gardening and is full of info, but I agree his videos can be really hard to watch. He will come up with a topic such as "5 things you should never do when blah..." And the video will be like 57 mins long, and 50+ of those mins are of him rambling on about random things such as how great rock dust is.

He is a guy who needs to learn the power succinctly editing his videos. 

Yoimthatguy said:

I actually really respect John Kohler's as he seems to know a lot about gardening and is full of info, but I agree his videos can be really hard to watch. He will come up with a topic such as "5 things you should never do when blah..." And the video will be like 57 mins long, and 50+ of those mins are of him rambling on about random things such as how great rock dust is.

He is a guy who needs to learn the power succinctly editing his videos. 

It seems like he may, because of his results, but you can tell when he has no idea what he's talking about. He pauses for a split second, and starts rambling, making up words, using terms like "and stuff." I think the energy of John draws people into thinking he knows his stuff. Maybe his hands waving all over the place has something to do with it. He's a good salesman, and wouldn't doubt he gets a sizable check from Azomite. But for actual substance... meh. Like you said, you have to weigh thru half an hour of bullshit to get any useful info out. To me, that's hardly quality. Unlike Praxxus, whose small talk has substance.

Here's my original summation of John Kohler. I was looking for ideas on compost tumblers, and came across John's. He was previewing three - one of which I was thinking of buying. He started on one, showed all the pros (as he never has cons on something he likes or endorses), and kept going... ignoring the other two. By the end of the video I was wondering what infomercial I had just watched.

Praxxus got me into growing in the first place, and his Facebook page is super helpful if you have questions. I'd take him over John any day.

Back