• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics More Cayenne Pics...

More Cayenne Pics...**Update New Pics**

Hot Portugal Plant, only about a foot tall and loaded with pods. No new blooms in several weeks. I guess that all the energy is going into the pods. I really like this heirloom variety, although admittedly the heat is inconsistent with some having zero heat and others being hotter than the 5,000 Scoville units advertised:

HotPortugal_081608.jpg

Sweet Cayenne that actually has some pungency. It is a good producer of very long pods. I really like how this plant looks, although will not likely grow this variety again.

CayennePlant_081608.jpg

Still growing mine are..i have some tiny little Cayennes which matured to early and some long green ones still growing,But yours are fantastic and such a bushy /healthy plant :)

Are a fantastic harvest of lovely cayennes there..great is not after all the worrying and now its all been worthwhile :)

rainbowberry said:
I like your pots, my Cayennes are turning red now too, they don't look as pretty as yours though.

I take that back, my Jalapenos are turning red :rolleyes: I have got two Cayenne plants, one's OK, the other looks like it's in God's waiting room. I wasn't successful with Cayennes last year either.

Tried my first ripe one yesterday r.b was impressed as i read a lot of folks didn't like the taste i did :)

Back