• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Megahots instructional seed helmet removal video

You win for shortest post ever, lol!

Ripped apart a seedling earlier today trying to get one off. Dont think it will make it. Hope to see the video soon.

PepperDaddler said:
Ripped apart a seedling earlier today trying to get one off. Dont think it will make it.

*Update*

It did not make it. :tear:

I wont be pulling off any more helmets any time soon.

RIP little seedling.

PepperDaddler said:

*Update*

It did not make it. :tear:

I wont be pulling off any more helmets any time soon.

RIP little seedling.
been there, done that ...

I cant recall seeing a seedling dying from helmet head ... but I recently sent a Kashmiri Morich to Nirvana by tearing it in half :D

cheers
al

cactusMD said:
a lot of my seeds had helmets and I just let em be, they turned out okay
So what happened the seed helmet eventualy popped off? I would think it would slow the growth down though

Heres the video sry bout that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzwpI_deTdc

I get a pair of cuticle scissors or little fiskars and snip a tiny piece off of the edge of the seed. Then I dribble one drop of water on the seed. Wait about 10 minutes and dribble another on. Then I squeeze the edges with tweezers(like the old coin pouches) and give a gentle tug. If it doesn't budge,I put another drop on and wait 10 more minutes. When the inside of the hull is wet enough,the seed will pull off with ease.

Pr0digal_son said:
I get a pair of cuticle scissors or little fiskars and snip a tiny piece off of the edge of the seed. Then I dribble one drop of water on the seed. Wait about 10 minutes and dribble another on. Then I squeeze the edges with tweezers(like the old coin pouches) and give a gentle tug. If it doesn't budge,I put another drop on and wait 10 more minutes. When the inside of the hull is wet enough,the seed will pull off with ease.
i do the same. 
Some you lose those

Back