• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Looking for a Rib BBQ Sauce recipe

I tried a rack of BBQ ribs from a neighbor who makes a very nice spicy, smoky, BBQ sauce and he will not part with the recipe.

I would really appreciate anyone who can share their recipe for a nice smoky barbeque sauce that goes great on ribs in particular.

I do not, nor does he have a smoker so I am guessing he uses liquid smoke in the recipe, but thats just a guess.

Thanks in advance fellow THP members!

Search is your friend
Also there are many many types of sauces - from KC sweet to Memphis tangy and all in between - what are you looking for ?

1 10-12 OZ can condensed tomato soup

1/4 cup onion chopped

1 TBSP brown sugar

1/2 TSP each cayenne,paprika,garlic powder

1/4 TSP each oregano(dried) thyme(dried), salt, white and black pepper.

1 TBSP cider vinegar

pepper sauce add to your taste you can add liquid smoke 1TSP to add smoky flavor

simmer for 20-30 minutes in a non reactive pot lasts a week in the fridge

Search is your friend
Also there are many many types of sauces - from KC sweet to Memphis tangy and all in between - what are you looking for ?
I am looking to try a few different varieties. I know I liked the smoky flavor of the one I tried and it's nothing like any store bought sauce I've ever had.
It was pretty sweet.

I am going to try the two ideas that have been presented to me, but does anyone have a recipe that begins with fresh ingredients? Tomatoes, vinegar, molasses, liquid smoke, bhuts, carribeans, etc.
I really want to have that made from scratch feeling when its all done.
I know THP is the place to search for this so lets hear what you all have got.

I found my winner...

Started with WPayton0034's sweet BBQ with a kick, deleted the plums, added two bhuts, and called it a day.

Thanks again THP... You wouldn't tall me your secrets, but you inspired madness...

BBQ.jpg

Back