• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

lighting Lights too close or over watering?

This plant has been under a 600w light. When I initially noticed this problem it wasn't so bad, but now it's on a lot of the top leaves of the plant. I rotate a few big plants around under this light so that they are not always getting the same amount of light. The problem has gotten worse since the plants have been growing taller and closer to the light. Someone suggested early on that I was over watering, which I thought was highly possible, but I've backed off of watering so much and the problem has gotten worse.

I appreciate any help. I don't want my plants to die..

Looks like a sun tan. Over watering leaves usually go yellowish. Too much heat causes the leaves to curl and lose moisture. Once al moisture is lost the leaf cells become burnt and damaged. It won't kill your plant now but if you don't raise your light or increase air movement drastically it will keep cooking the new growth.

Thanks for the advice. I raised the light up as far as it would go, but it still wasn't far enough from my tallest plant. I took the tallest plant off and put it on top of an upside down 5 gallon bucket on the floor.

Yea looks sunburned like said above, that looks like a mh or hps, I typically put my hand over the plant and raise the light were i can keep my hand there and not feel like it going to burn.

can you lower the plants, that rooms got to be 7-8' celings at least (looks like it attached to the floor joist of the floor above.

This is what I came up with. Hopefully it isn't too far from the light now. In a couple weeks I will be putting up drywall in the room and stapling mylar to all wall surfaces. That may help with getting enough light to the plant in the new location.

Back