• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting LED Shop Light 135 Watts (Ghetto Build)

Bad ass light Al! So you have different color temps kick in throughout the day to simulate the sun? So you dont run at the full 648 watts all day. I wanna build something nice, but there are so many options on the leds. I am leery of the Chinese quantum boards, but also a cheep ass, so I will probably end up with some

Trying to simulate light intensity and add different wavelengths over the course of the light cycle.

The time on and lamp assignments per ballast:

Attachments

• LAMP LAYOUT.png
    LAMP LAYOUT.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 97
Ok, so I bought a kill-a-watt yesterday. The shop light had varying wattage.

38 watts
39 watts
39 watts

And then the other three

41 watts
43 watts
45 watts

Quite a bit of variation. I might end up grabbing a driver to run them on to see if I can get them all running the same power. The little drivers in the ends of the lights get really hot anyway so I dont think it would be a bad idea. I will probably wait till next year though.

When I used the kill-a-watt on all 6 lights I got this reading.

20190220_195017.jpg
so I picked up 11 watts somehow with them all hooked to a power strip.

The diy led only has a 175 watt power supply, yet I got this reading from it.

20190220_195141.jpg

So I guess the Xbox 360 psu is wasting 35 watts of power at least.

My 4 bulb T8 only showed 108 watts, and I thought those bulbs used 32 watts a piece?

T5 4 bulb was running at 216! At least one light showed what I thought it would!

I might try to build my other light with Samsung strips, but I'm not sure if I have time.

That's not good about the shop lights, since the other day I bought a second one...Think a T5HO would be more consistent / accurate in Watts, or think we could even out the shop lights?

You’re right, they are probably sniffing the glue while eating tide pods ,waiting for their 3D printers to make a light hanging contraption [emoji16]. And don’t call me Shirley [emoji16]? Airplane? Or Naked Gun? Both are great movies [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread necro:

Still using my ghetto rig fixture five years later.

This year I replaced the two (Spectralux 6500K T5HO fluorescent) 'C' lamps (Refer to Post #62 above)
with two AgroMax 6400K LED T5 linear lamps.

Those LED lamps are stupid intense. Hopefully they will perform well.

Back