• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic if you were to grow one plant hydroponically...

Which variety would you choose, and why.

Size, yield, flavor and ease of growin are all factors here.

I ask because I've dabbled in hydroponics before, and now that I know what I'm doing, I'm ready to start a new project, and want some input. I have some scotch bonnet seeds leftover I may use, since it's a short plant and produces a lot. Still, I thought it would be cool to hear arguments in favor of other varieties.

I'd probably go with white bullet habanero. They are real prolific, have good flavor, are pretty hot, and do real well under artificial light.

i am currently growing a brain strain, and chco bell, just started a 7 pot red in a DWC, both the bell and brain are producing pods. the brain has 100= pods on it now. here are pics
DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

one of my favorite pods on the brain strain right now
brainstrain2.jpg

choc bell
DSC_0024.jpg

funny, I'll have to post some pics Spongey, I have a power grower wrapped in foil identical to yours with a Naga Morich in it among my Hydro stuff.

I'd use the hydroponics for a superhot, because from what I've gathered the maturity takes so long and the hydroponics really speeds things up.

If I grew hydroponically? I wouldn't grow peppers :high: !
you would not be able to grow that stuff outdoors hydroponically(i tried) i cannot afford to grow indoor,so soil it is. hydro peppers! my brain strain is OUT of control its almost as tall as i am 6'7"

I'm not quite sure what you're asking: Only one plant, period, or only one plant hydroponically (the rest in soil). I'm gonna answer the second question:
I wouldn't chose a variety that's easy to grow anyway, but a trickier one. One that really benefits from being grown hydroponically. This would narrow it down to superhot chinenses and rocotos, those are usually the latest ones in the season to ripen. Since I'm not all that fond of the typical chinense-taste, and I don't need many superhots anyway, I'd go for rocotos, they really benefit from being grown in a larger pot, so they'd do great in hydroponics. I quite like the medium-heat varieties, so probably a "rocoto not brown"

If it was just one type chocolate hab i love the flavor plenty of heat so u can strech em out too,more bang per pod is what i mean, i have never grown them so as soon as i got my hands on some i got seed for next year saved i never have used hydroponics either but i have looked in to it cuz i would like to have chiles year round and seems like a good excuse to do em, my # 2 choice would be tabasco this is were my love for chiles started the tabasco peppers they are great producers of little fire crakers,

Back