• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients hydroponic nutes

I have notice that i had to keep my ppm between 700-800 in coco, and i have used a vareity and they seem all to work abou the same, Some did better in the veg, while the other did better than the bloom.

This is a really hard question to answer because so many other variables (like base ppm of water, humidity, light intensity, air flow, etc) all modify the ideal ppm. So it's best to invest in a good quality, complete fertilizer and start at roughly 1/4 there recommendations, then adjust from there. Most manufacturer suggestions are based on the high end in ideal environments, so that you use more and buy more. As most gardens are far from ideal, 1/4 strength is a good general starting point.

If you really want to dial in your ppm, take a sample of plants and divide into three groups, a control, one that gets twice as much and one that gets half. Watch them for a couple weeks and take notes on their growth. If the group getting twice as much starts growing faster you know you can increase it, if they start to get dark and the leaf tips curl you know it's too much. If the group getting half as much groes just as well as the control they're getting slightly too much, if they start to yellow then they're getting the right amount.

Back