• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Hungarian Hot Paprika: Seeds?

Howdy,
I've been trying to find Hot Hungarian pepper/paprika seeds, similar to the variety used in Strong Steven (Great stuff, if you haven't tried it!) Anyway, Looking for Hungarian Paprika is like looking for Chile Pepper....Too generic.

So, any ideas? I'd like to stay with Hungarian, but Spanish would work....We're trying to stay with a European theme on our products.

Cheers!
Kat

Anija's Finnish Mustard

Anijas.com

OOh! Found some great links on this site.
anyone work with CSERESZNYE PAPRIKA? (Found at thechileman.org

Anija said:
OOh! Found some great links on this site.
anyone work with CSERESZNYE PAPRIKA? (Found at thechileman.org
I've never even heard of a paprika being hot.
So I'm interrested to see how this thread develops.

Remos said:
I've never even heard of a paprika being hot.
So I'm interrested to see how this thread develops.
Paprika is generally sweet because it just powdered bell peppers, but sometimes are available in mild and hot, which I have know idea how this is because bell peppers rate at 0 SHU...

imaguitargod said:
Paprika is generally sweet because it just powdered bell peppers,QUOTE]

Hmm maybe I misunderstood. In Holland bell peppers are called paprika. They look at you like you're crazy if you tell them that they are in fact peppers, and generally known as bell peppers. So here paprika isn't know as a powder here, but more as a fruit, although you can buy paprika powder here, but then it clearly says paprika powder

Finding the powder here in the states is pretty easy. I wanted to grow the "eros" or hot version. I found some fresh, and I just snagged the seeds from them. I'll see if I can get them to grow!

In Europe, Paprika=Pepper

Back