• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

container How to use Dyna Gro Foliage Pro 9-3-6 in indoor (container) plants

I'm just curious to see how you would dilute it. I've read that you use it with every watering and it's the only fert. that you should need for your plants, but I'm just not sure how much to mix in. I've heard 1/4 teaspoon per gallon, but I don't know if that's too little or too much. For those who use it, what's your mix ratio for your potted plants?

I wouldn't use it right away with a seedling. What are you growing in? Does your medium have any nutrition until your plants are a little bit bigger? I used foliage pro at 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per gallon usually once or twice a week depending on the weather and how fast the soil dried out. I never used it as a foliage application. I had some tomato tone mixed into the soil and I'd scratch it into the top of the bucket a couple times this year as well.

Edit: I started my plants in FFOF and didn't need to feed them for probably 45-60 days.

i bottom water, so never spraying anything. 
if you top water, water until the media starts to drain and then stop. (dont need to spray leaves, roots absorb the nutrients much more than leaves)

Malarky said:
I wouldn't use it right away with a seedling. What are you growing in? Does your medium have any nutrition until your plants are a little bit bigger? I used foliage pro at 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per gallon usually once or twice a week depending on the weather and how fast the soil dried out. I never used it as a foliage application. I had some tomato tone mixed into the soil and I'd scratch it into the top of the bucket a couple times this year as well.

Edit: I started my plants in FFOF and didn't need to feed them for probably 45-60 days.
I'll probably be using either Coco fiber or Promix HP. Not too sure yet as it depends if I'm able to go back home to get the Promix HP and I'm not too sure if it has nutrients as I don't have the bag with me. But it'll most likely be coco fiber.

After looking more into it, I won't water by spraying, I'll just place the containers in a tray filled with water.

Back