• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors How they "Icefish" in Brazil

I came across this on another forum that I'm on sometimes. I thought it was pretty interesting. They open a hole in a bog, bait a fish, and pull out quite a nice fish. You wouldn't even think there would be that much water and fish underneath, however there's quite a bit. Really interesting.

You ever see how you catch them by just digging into the mud with your hands?

thehotpepper.com said:
You ever see how you catch them by just digging into the mud with your hands?

Are you referring to what they call "Noodling" for catfish? My friends Uncle in Kentucky does that. Honestly he's pulled flatheads out of rivers that would honestly make me scared to ever swim in there!:shocked: He just sticks his arm under a ledge or something and pulls them out. What's even more nuts is that guy does it without gloves. Cat's have pretty strong jaws. I wouldn't stick my arm in one of those things mouths......yes I said arm too..lol!!

Yes, that's what I mean. Noodling for, I believe, river cats. Crazy!

Yeah, I saw a PBS show on that..:shocked:

Putting your hand and arm IN a bottom-feeders mouth and teeth range...isn't my kinda fun TYVM. Tetenus shots anyone? Essh.

thehotpepper.com said:
Yes, that's what I mean. Noodling for, I believe, river cats. Crazy!

I actually agree with you on that. I think his uncles nuts too:lol:. I do enjoy a catfish fishfry though. My wife and I are actually going catfishing later this afternoon at my aunts. However, I'll be drinking beer, sitting on my bumb, using a fishing pole.:lol: There's alot of big channel cats there though.

This isn't actually ice fishing but I'm sure they took out a few. They blew a tunnel to divert water to a hydroelectric station.

DickT said:
This isn't actually ice fishing but I'm sure they took out a few. They blew a tunnel to divert water to a hydroelectric station.
Thanks Dick. That was actually pretty cool!!

rabbit said:
Thanks Dick. That was actually pretty cool!!

I thought you might like that. It was done in Norway and I have actually driven through the Fjords over there a there are 100's of tunnels through the mountains. I was driving from Oslo to Bergen and the at the entrance of the Fjords is a upward spiral through a Mountain about 3 miles. When I entered the tunnel it was 58 degrees, when I got to the top an exited, it was 45 deg. What a beautiful road trip.

Back