• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hab plant possibly sick

My hab plant which is loaded with pods, has brown spots starting to appear on the outer edges of the bigger leaves. Can anyone ID this by just the description. FYI we have had a ton of rain here the last 2 weeks.

Are the brand new leaves or old leaves? Small spots or large? Are the spots brittle or soft? Were there droplets of rain on the leaves when the sun came out? And lastly aree they in pots or in the ground.

Oh ya! Welcome!

they are old leaves, the plant is in a 5.5 gallon bucket, the spots are very small. Not sure if they are hard or not Ill have to check tonight. This is my biggest hab plant and has been growing like a champ all year.

Does the bucket have holes in the bottom to leet the water out? I've had old leaves get brown spots on them, turn yellow, then die (seems to be a common life cycle). But depending on your answers to the above questions, it could be something else.

yes there is drainage, and the spots are soft. probably just common life cycle, because the plant is still producing just fine. thanks for the help, just wanted to be safe.

jonnyrl1 said:
yes there is drainage, and the spots are soft. probably just common life cycle, because the plant is still producing just fine. thanks for the help, just wanted to be safe.
No problem, glad I could help.

Back