• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

indoor Growing Plants Indoors

two shop lights, two 42 watt cfl's, black plastic flat with no holes, and analog timer about thirty bucks and 24 happy plants. and that's canadian dollars.

wordwiz said:
But the profit if I can pull this off....

chanelling your ferengi self?

GrumpyBear said:
chanelling your ferengi self?

Shooting for the stars, hoping to hit the top of a very tall tree!

Reality: the economy sucks, people want to save money and they have to eat. Interest in backyard gardening is at an all-time high. I can let those shops sell their plants at $1-2 more than I am willing to sell for.

For the record, I am a Capitalist, not a Ferengi. I feel warm and comfy selling plants to buyers at a price they are quite willing and happy to pay. I'm even pricing my Pink Angels Trumpet at $12.50 per plant when the going price is $18 - and no shipping is involved!

Gee, GB, I see what you think of me. :rolleyes:

Mike

hey, just because i'm a canadian doesn't mean i don't beleive in capitalism ;) you know i study economics right? enjoy your monopolistic market power my friend, and remember to equalize at the margins :)

i mostly just enjoyed the wording...

GB,

I wish I had monopolistic market power!!! But I do have marketing power - quite a bit of it! I publish a community newspaper every week that reaches a couple thousand homes. Plus, I deliver it to about 400 businesses. Trust me, I will have a couple full-page, full-color ads in the paper to sell my plants. And if I can set up a greenhouse to raise Basil, Lettuce and Tomatoes (as well as some hot peppers!), I see several restaurants and small ethnic grocery stores also.

Unlike AJ, I still have 10 years or more to go until I can retire. I need to maximize my profits while I'm still in the prime years of my life!

Mike

I do have a method to compensate for my madness!

Back