• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse Greenhouse supplier

I am thinking about building a greenhouse. Does anyone know of a good place to buy a greenhouse. I will be wanting to be able to heat and cool it.

What size and type are you thinking? I built a type of hoop house mostly with materials from Lowes. Ordered the plastic film and ventilation equipment online from a greenhouse supply co. Has really worked out nice for me.
Here are a few random pics http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff406/tobytonly/Peppers%202010/

cramer,

Where are you from? There are lots of places to buy one, but it if is very large, shipping can eat you alive. There is one about 2 mi. from me that I was thinking about buying stuff from but instead built a ghetto one (old windows, wood I had laying around, some GH plastic and didn't spend but a couple hundred dollars on it. Wise decision because we plainly do not get enough sunlight from mid-December to early Feb. Trying to heat and light it both would mean toms would cost $5/lb.

But, I am looking to having all the room and then some I need to start a few thousand plants as well as being able to prolong my growing season until early December.

Mike

Was thinking 20-24 X 30-40. Not sure about building code here though. Will have to check into it. would take up my curent garden space.

What size and type are you thinking? I built a type of hoop house mostly with materials from Lowes. Ordered the plastic film and ventilation equipment online from a greenhouse supply co. Has really worked out nice for me.
Here are a few random pics http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff406/tobytonly/Peppers%202010/

How much did the frame cost at lowes? Was it sold as greenhouse frame?

How much did the frame cost at lowes? Was it sold as greenhouse frame?

The frames are chain link fence top rails that I bent to shape. I looked at the Growers solution kits but thought I'd try to DIY instead. I doubt that I saved much if any that way. That's how my DIY projects usually go.
If you use the poly film and are going to heat it, make sure to do the double layer. The inflated space between layers acts as insulating layer and also adds lots of structural strength.

The front of mine - I said it was ghetto!

greenhouse.jpg

Mike

I have decided on a 20 X 28 greenhouse. Not sure on the supplier yet. Still shopping. Either a hoophouse or one with short side walls.

I'm still rethinking the one I built on the 1st floor porch. The winds in December really ripped it a apart badly. But once all the snow gets off of it, I'm thinking using pvc pipe that will fit around the frame for clamps.

for small size green house i bough this one from ebay great deal
small size green house

Wow, that one looks great for the price, especially with the free shipping. I may have to order one of those. How was the assembly? I'm new to greenhouses, how much does one of those raise temperatures without heating? I could put it in the backyard with a space heater and a thermostat ran through my bedroom window anyway, it would be really nice to get some plants out early being in Zone 5/6. Especially considering I'm out of room already in my grow closet and I still have to start my annums, frutescens, tomatoes, and tomatillos. :eek:

My greenhouse is the same size as that one except it only has 1 shelve down 1 side.
Extremely simple to put together but I found that I had to stake it into the ground, put weights on the bottom bars and tether it using the supplied cords to keep it from blowing away, and it's not even winter here.

Back