• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's foggy, overcast and 59F, on its way to 76F. Calling for cloudy with occasional showers today. Celebrated Cinco de Mayo at the Mexican restaurant last night. That was fun...until this morning, lol. Not sure what's on today's agenda. Probably play with the plants a bit. I need to figure out what else I'm gonna grow this year, and find those seeds. Time to start some of them. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and have a great day.

P.S. Got promoted last night:

1714998199254.jpeg

Take a guess which one I am, ha.

Good morning. It's 60F on its to 77F. Mainly cloudy and a little warmer. This evening it will become breezy and there's significant risk of scary severe WX tonight. I feel like I was competing on the Cinco de Mayo drinking team last night. I'd be that big jackass in the middle! I've got some office work for an hour or so and then I'm futzing with fishing tackle. Not much else is going on and not sure what's on tonight's menu. Beverages this afternoon/evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's overcast and 59F, on its way to 78F. Calling for partly sunny with a passing shower or two. Sounds ok to me. Mostly futzed yesterday. Today, I need to water plants. I'll be moving the tomatoes out to the three-season porch also. Then, outside to do some maintenance. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning. The winds have died down, time to pick up more yard debris. Freeze warning for the next few nights, so I’ll bring in the swap plants again just in case. The rest of the trays are still under lights. Everyone seems more impatient this year, wanting to hurry and plant their gardens.
What tomatoes are you all growing this year? We’re attempting the usuals that have done well here plus 3-4 new ones using older seeds. One of the gardeners in our swap on Saturday is bringing Monkey Ass that’s a heart tomato. Sounds interesting.
Have a terrific Tuesday. Stay hydrated. Hugs and healing to Sic’s wife.

Good morning. It's 58F on its way to 80F. We survived last night's storms and are ready to move on to something nicer. I did a quick walk around the property and didn't see any damage. Today should be sunny and much less humid. Moved all the tomato plants and annuums outside onto the walkout patio to get some sun (but still underneath the deck above). Here's the tomato varieties we're growing this year (multiples of each): Jet Star, Brandy Boy, Big Beef, 4th of July, Cherokee Carbon, Prairie Star, Purple Dog Creek, Nefertiti, Sunrise Bumblebee, Agi Red, Polish, Benevento, Better Boy, Indian Stripe PL, Cow's Tit and Black Krim. Got a few tried/true hybrids in that mix that my wife wanted me to grow for production. We haven't grown any hybrids in quite a while. @Catherine: Heart tomatoes are wonderful. I filled the garden with nothing but hearts a couple of years ago. Summer garden plant out day is this Saturday. The crowd will arrive Saturday mid-morning. Looking forward to getting all these plants in the ground. I'm tired of hauling them in/out because of the WX. Futzing this afternoon. Leftovers tonight. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Morning chickens - Happy Hump Day
2 days off and the forecast is for sunshine - guess what I'm doing, gwan gwan guess :lol:
Potting out the toms and peppers and getting them ready for the charity Spring Fair, it's been a long long winter and not over yet. More rain forecast for next week.
So if you need me today I shall be in my shed - music loud, hands in compost and cooing to my baby plants who have been festering patiently in the greenhouse.
Have a good Wednesday, keep dry, calm and smile :D

Good morning. Still waiting for the sun to pop over the ridge, but it's 65F, on its way to 86F. Calling for hot and mostly sunny. Might be a little too hot out in the sun, but we'll see. Got the tomatoes moved out to the sun room. Need to check the forecast, but will be moving them outside to the carport in short order. Might be planting out in the next week or so. Need to get to the garden today and see how wet it is. Still shovel work to be done. Grass needs cutting as well. Always something to do. Tink, glad to hear the wait is over. Enjoy yourself, and rock on, lol. Catherine, forgot about a tomato list. I'll work on that :). Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day playing in the dirt.

Last edited:
Good morning. A bit cooler than you all 33-55F for a few days. This winter and Spring have made a lot of people around here impatient to fill their gardens. Last nights cold struck the reality bug, so I’ll still be waiting to plant.
Not much on today’s docket. Coffee group, a few groceries, then playing with the plants. Your tomato list is impressive, Harry. Looks like a good year for canning, etc.
Have a great day. Stay hydrated and enjoy Mother Nature’s beauty.

Good morning. It's 62F on its way to 78F. Another round of severe T-storms and hail just blew through. The balance of the day should be beautiful with times of sun and clouds. Hauled the plants outside after the storm. I've got some tree work to accomplish sometime in the next couple of days and the lawn is need of mowing again. There's always landscape clean-up work to do too. I need to run out in a bit and pick up a few T-Posts and a couple of other things from the local farm store. Big breakfast in a few minutes. That's about it for today. Grilling something this evening ..... not sure what. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Making it late, been taking care of the wife and drove around and looked at accounts. Yesterday ended up being crazy. Cops tried to pull over a dude with several warrants and he ended up in front of our house and shot himself. It was crazy for several hours. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Good morning. 37-52F cloudy and cold(er). The WX guy warned us not to plant for another 2 weeks. We just don’t heed his advice. My tomatoes are happy under the lights, but I see a few CG gardeners with theirs in the ground. The wisdom of WX crews.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy Mother Nature’s beauty as the flowers emerge to share the colors.

Good morning. It's 57F on its way to 76F. Sunny, breezy and less humid. Hauled the plants out. I've got one meeting this morning and then running errands. Need to run to the nursery and pick up some plants for the landscaping. Also making a run to the grocery store and the beer store. Mowing this afternoon and prepping for Saturday's plant out. Not much excitement around here and certainly nothing like Sic. Unbelievably some dude in a giant dump truck (picking up storm debris across the road from me) ran over my mailbox and snapped the pole. That's 2X in the past 9 days :banghead: ! I told the guy he better be out here today fixing my mailbox ..... like that's going to happen :rolleyes:. I'll never see that Ahole again. So .... another mailbox fix-it job is on the list ..... probably tomorrow. Grilling sausages and drinking beer this evening. Be safe and be good.

Back