• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors Fish Log Program

Not pepper related, but I might throw something like this together to track peppers or something along them lines.

If you're like me, you track your fishing outings to see if it might help you figure them out in the future. Put together a little program to ease the process. Still working on it a bit, but this is how its going to look.

ProgramInterface.jpg

Nice idea, do you have seasonal factor, stock depletion and other important factors calculated in? Prime example the fishing in my area has been great for years and the last several years have been the worst that the locals have seen, no one knows why. For example our summers are great for Mahi Mahi and other great fish. The last 2 summers have been terrible, winter here is mainly for game fish (sails, marlin, etc.) and kings are year round. Lately even the kings are hard to find :(

Edit: my only guess would be the increased commercial fishing and the lack of law enforcement on them, the marine police here would rather give a ticket to the weekend warrior rather than some huge fishing vessel, it's total BS IMHO. Sorry for the rant...

A few years ago professional fishing guides in Alaska were required by ADF&G to carry and complete a log book of each days fishing.

How many caught, kept, released, species, location, number of anglers, etc.

Too bad most guides just made up the numbers as it was such a PITA to keep track of everything.

Back