• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse First Trip to the Greenhouse

Okay, got this el-cheapo greenhouse, need some advice. I've got my over-wintereds in there and all my cold weather plants.

Today, I put in a couple flats of pepper transplants. They are about 6-inches tall with fairly sturdy stems. Temp hitting 70-F and the sunlight is very diffused with thin high overcast. This is the first outdoors excursion from under the indoor lights.

Do I need to limit their time out there? I'm not trying to harden them, just make more space indoors.

Question #2: The little heater keeps the thing at 48-F at night even with the temps hitting the 20s. Is that cold temp range going to be harmful?

Couple of images to ponder:

greenhouse%2031211%20004.jpg

The material also diffuses the light:

greenhouse%2031211%20006.jpg

Thanks, H_P_J,

I can bump that night time temp up. I was getting the 48-F on the lowest setting of a little heater, so will nudge that upwards.

For exposure to light, I ending up giving one tray of the transplants about 4-hours of sun, and the other about 8. Brought them both in for the night. They seem to have enjoyed it.

The over-winter plants are loving life, as they enjoy their GH/tent WAY more than the garage.

As for the GH, I was hesitant to post it after seeing all the really nice hoop houses and whatnot the forum member have. But it does add another important element for me.... :cool:

Don't be shy. Many of us are envious of your GH. I just have the little shelf job with the plastic cover, but it still is not warm enough to set up on the front porch. I would kill for an actual GH.

As for the GH, I was hesitant to post it after seeing all the really nice hoop houses and whatnot the forum member have. But it does add another important element for me.... :cool:

Back