• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics First harvest! And some grow pics ..

Hey all.. been a while! Thought I'd chime in with an update.

I got my first harvest yesterday...
c1.jpg

It's a monster! lol.. long red cayenne. Was plenty hot!

Here's some pics of my plants as they stand.. rather small I think, I fear i was too slow to re-pot and they are stunted.

First - one that i repotted quickly and it shows - my largest and youngest black pearl - not fruiting yet - happilly growing at a good pace though.
c2.jpg

This is my largest plant (and it's pretty small..) an orange hab. It's bushy as though, I just hope it can keep getting a bit bigger before it starts to set fruit.
c3.jpg

Three more of my plants in the 'big' pots - I still think i needed to go bigger, hence these plants being way smaller than they should be.
c4.jpg

to be continued..

More of the lot out the front - back row is black pearl (fruiting but way smaller and older than the first black pearl pictured) and the red cayenne that produced my first pod. There's another red one on there I'm leaving for a day or two before picking it. front row is a numex twilight (tiny but fruiting) and a late scotch bonnet.
c5.jpg

This is a freshly re-potted scotch bonnet.. hopefully there's time left int he season for it to grow up and produce
c6.jpg

Choc hab that's done really well.. still growing like crazy and threatenning to set fruit. Smallish though.
c7.jpg

World's smallest Naga Morich
c8.jpg

LAst but not least my Bih Jolokia - I planted this guy in the ground (sand) a couple weeks ago out of one of those green pots. It's doing well - hoping for some height? All my plants are so small.. I'm not really sure why.
c9.jpg

Great Stuffff Dave, whooo hooo gonna be some rippers there

recently found out that they Love the sand plus transplanting to and from sand is no dramas either,, so gone whacked em in everywhere (all mates yards :)) as can always move if need be

nice Plantsssssssss

yea yea, how goood is it atm

Now thats some reallly nice plants ya got going. I love that black pearl thats just down right sweet looking

I like your yardstick.

I don't think you need to transplant them, the pots are plenty big for plants that size.

great looking plants....

a note about the orange hab...the one I grew this year was looking the same as yours when it was young...what I noticed about it during the season was it put on new layers at the top after each time I picked and underneath that layer was hundreds of new pods along with the lower layers re-podding.....mine ended up with 5 layers....was over 3 feet in diameter and just about that tall...

Thanks guys :) I use the bundy can for size comparison - just gives a good universal guide to size.. plus I was enjoying it's cool tasty contents while taking the photos lol.

AlabamaJack - interesting to hear, I just see pics of neils plants and other mid-season plants and they're 3-4 feet tall and bushy as hell.... all mine are still tiny. Guess we still have a good 3 or 4 months of good weather left so I will see how they all go.

Back